Mazda Extended Confidence Plan

inlinev

:
2016 CX-5 GT w/tech FWD
From my research this seems to be mazdas official extended warranty. Has anyone here considered it for their cx5? Can you quote your price and coverage?

I found an older thread from 2012 discussing this, http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123813028-Extended-Warranty, but perhaps some new details and prices are available? There is a rep noted in the link but I don't know if that is still available.

When I purchased my accord, the forums contained the contact info of a dealer that sold the extended Honda care plans for a very reasonable price. I got a 7 year 80k mile plan with 0 deductible for $670. Wondering what if anything like this exists in the mazda world.

Thanks.

I would also like to here if anyone bought the Mazda plan? I know you can actually get a GM plan or a Chrysler plan for a new Mazda through several of the on-line warranty dealers.

Hate to spend the money but one or two issues with the new electronics in the car and your in deep.

My 3 year warranty runs out in a month, I will pay $900 to extend it 2 years (called the 3+2 maxi scheme here), it costs $900 for the additional 2 years, which is the same cost as 4 hours labour so it is no question for me. Granted, it's a different country etc but with this complex diesel and the number of horror stories on the German forums, I am happy to pay, I will change the car after 5 years.

The Mazda dealers around here won't even talk about a Mazda plan, they'll offer 3rd party. I'm guessing because it's outrageously expensive. The 3rd party plan was offered to me at time of sale was from Allstate for $1300, 2 years later I enquired about it and was quoted $2300. Coverage was ridiculous, things like internal engine fasteners, disc brake backing plate, brake hoses, etc. Didn't even cover power window motors or any onboard computers. If you find a Mazda plan I doubt you'll see anything under a couple of grand.

It may be more expensive now but my parents got a Mazda 10 year/100K mile warranty on their '10 5 door 3 new that year for around $1200 for a Totalcare.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...arameter=modelsWarrantyMEPP&vehicleCode=CX9#1

They are retired so a good deal for them.

Dealer initially sold them the ripoff 3rd party for $300 more that only filled in the bumper-to-bumper til 5/60. I told them to go back and get a refund and get the official Mazda warranty.

IMO: There is more profit for dealer to sell 3rd party warranty.

I was offered a third party plan at time of sale. I asked about a genuine Mazda plan and was told that no one sold it. Seemed mighty fishy to me. You might search for it on Google.

Remember.. you don't have to buy an official Mazda warranty from the dealer you purchased from. Any of them can sell it. You will likely save money doing this as well.

I added the Mazda extended warranty to my CX-5 when I purchased the vehicle, and it extends the warranty by 2 additional years up to 50,000 miles. I also chose the 3-yr protection plan that has $0 deductible and provides key replacement, paint touch-up, windshield repair/replacement, wheel replacement, and tire repair/replacement. I can't remember the price, but it was close to $2,000 combined. If I didn't drive 1,000 miles per week I probably would have stuck with the standard coverage.

I added the Mazda extended warranty to my CX-5 when I purchased the vehicle, and it extends the warranty by 2 additional years up to 50,000 miles. I also chose the 3-yr protection plan that has $0 deductible and provides key replacement, paint touch-up, windshield repair/replacement, wheel replacement, and tire repair/replacement. I can't remember the price, but it was close to $2,000 combined. If I didn't drive 1,000 miles per week I probably would have stuck with the standard coverage.

if you drive 1,000 miles a week in five years would be 260,000 miles ?

The Mazda dealers around here won't even talk about a Mazda plan, they'll offer 3rd party. I'm guessing because it's outrageously expensive. The 3rd party plan was offered to me at time of sale was from Allstate for $1300, 2 years later I enquired about it and was quoted $2300. Coverage was ridiculous, things like internal engine fasteners, disc brake backing plate, brake hoses, etc. Didn't even cover power window motors or any onboard computers. If you find a Mazda plan I doubt you'll see anything under a couple of grand.

Same with my dealer.
My dealer says the Mazda plan doesn't cover as much as the CNA (which actually gets good reviews) plan they push.
They may be right because I don't see the infotainment system,power window,locks etc covered in the Mazda Extended Confidence Vehicle Service Contract brochure here.Seems mechanical repair only.

http://mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/owners/extended_confidence/mec_brochure.pdf

I'd like to know myself - dealer is trying to sell me a plan through Ford Motor Co

It's Mike Bass Ford/Mazda dealership in Lorain Ohio. I was very concerned - havent picked up car yet - SO - yesterday after getting off work - I called a couple Ford dealerships. Both said they wouldnt work on Mazda. I then called Mazda. Their extended plan doesnt cover electronics, etc. I def. wont be buying that.

I then called Ford Motor Ext. Warranty plan after getting their number and explained my concerns. Also advised them of what two other Ford dealerships said. I was told that since its a Ford/Mazda dealership they could sell me the Ford Premier Plan - and if in the future the extended warranty was needed and I wasnt around the Bass dealership or out of state - I could take it to any Mazda dealership and Ford would pay them.

So now I can rest easy, buy the Ford plan and be happy - it covers a massive amount of things. When I pick up car this week, I will negotiate a proper price.

It may be more expensive now but my parents got a Mazda 10 year/100K mile warranty on their '10 5 door 3 new that year for around $1200 for a Totalcare.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/dis...arameter=modelsWarrantyMEPP&vehicleCode=CX9#1

They are retired so a good deal for them.

Dealer initially sold them the ripoff 3rd party for $300 more that only filled in the bumper-to-bumper til 5/60. I told them to go back and get a refund and get the official Mazda warranty.

IMO: There is more profit for dealer to sell 3rd party warranty.
When we purchased our 2016 CX-5 a couple of weeks ago, the finance lady was trying to sell "TotalCare" from EasyCare, and claimed it was Mazda's as we insisted not to take a third party extended warranty. She didn't mention Mazda Extended Confidence Plan at all. Once we found out a day later that it was not from Mazda, she refunded the money, $1,584 for 10-year/100K-mile extended warranty. Looks like "TotalCare" administrated by Automobile Protection Corp. used to be offered by Mazda but now Mazda Extended Confidence Plan is managed by another company.

Extended warranty is like buying an insurance plan. If you feel like you need one you should always get one from reputable company and the one from original manufacture is of course the best one we should get. Unfortunately Mazda Extended Confidence Plan covers mainly mechanical parts only. There were two major third-party extended warranty companies went out of business before and left the car owners with such warranty for nothing.

As long as you see it in writing that your Ford warranty will allow your repair from a Mazda dealership, then I guess it should be OK to get it.

Personally I don't prefer any extended warranty as it is in fact an insurance. I hate to deal with "pre-approved" repairs required by these extended warranty as you sometimes have to wait for the company adjuster to show up checking the problem. Often times the adjuster can't be at dealership or shop within 24 hours and you have to delay the repair. Of course even the new car warranty can get tricky from my personal experience. Our 2001 VW Passat GLX V6 is burning the oil at the rate of 1 quart per 800~1,000 miles since new and I had been at dealership so many times trying to fix the problem. The dealer, and VW of America, were always coming up excuses, such as "it is normal for a new engine", "it requires multiple oil consumption tests with your own expenses for multiple oil changes", "it is caused by EGR hoses which are 'wear and tear' items and are not covered by warranty; the cost for replacement of these hoses: $500!" After dealing with it for 5 years and stopping by at VW dealership for numerous times, the final statement form VW of America, "Using 1 quart of oil per 800~1,000 miles is normal, therefore the repair is not needed!"

Now you know why a person who was a VW fan and bought 3 new VW's, now becomes a Mazda CX-5 owner!

Hey all, just joined this forum as we are picking up a new cx4 tmro. Was looking for some solid info/advice on a ext. warrenty but seems to be just as many questions and lack of info as anywhere else. Looks like the Mazda EW isnt too hot so what else is out there?

Consumer Reports did a survey with their subscribers and found that those that had to use The extended warranty actually paid more for the warranty than the actual work that was done in the warranty period. They recommend that instead of opting for the extended warranty to buy a more reliable vehicle-.like the Mazda CX-5.

Back