Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?

garrett62

:
possible 2016 CX-5 owner
You should just list the MSRP and what you paid for the car prior to any TTL or dealer add-ons. We do not need to know the OTD price as tax, title, license and such are different for everybody depending on where they live. What you got off of the MSRP is the key.

I am eyeballing a CX5 GT with both option packages in about sixty days. Test drove a GT but none of the dealers in the Chicago area seem to have the GT with the activesense package yet. One dealer was talking maybe around $1000 off MSRP???

Thanks

This is a great idea, but it seems people are already reporting the price in the sticky. Would be great to have a dedicated 2016 though.

You know I gotta post here. My MSRP was $32,045 and I paid $29,674. It was a rare circumstance as I received employee pricing due to an on-line mis-quote.

You got an awd GT with tech and Iactiv right? I was browsing true car and I saw 30076 on there for a 2016 white GT with tech fwd. we decided to wait a bit more for incentives.

MSRP was around $34,085 with accessories and I got them down to $32,475 before tax / tags. That was also without any incentives because none applied to me.

2016 AWD GT - Blue Reflex Mica w/ black interior

Tech Package
I-Activsense package

Roof Rails
Rear Bumper Guard
Door Sill Plates
All-weather floor mats
Cargo Tray
Wheel locks

Last edited:
You got an awd GT with tech and Iactiv right? I was browsing true car and I saw 30076 on there for a 2016 white GT with tech fwd. we decided to wait a bit more for incentives.

Mine is a GT but FWD and you can't have i-ACTIVE w/o Tech so I figured it was redundant to list "Tech and i-ACTIVE".

I would guess $1500 or so off of MSRP is pretty good shootin since they just came out. I can not see paying MSRP or close to it for any car in this class as the resale value drops like a rock. I would hope you could get at least $1000 off of MSRP, or I would walk.

I just negotiated the following deal in SE Michigan for a 2016 Deep Crystal Blue Mica CX-5 GT w/ Parchment Interior, AWD, Tech Package, and Wheel Locks:

MSRP: $31,850
Sales Price (before TTL): $29,934 (Includes $500 rebate for being in the Air Force Reserves)
They also threw in the typical two free oil changes and car washes, as well as charging just invoice + install cost ($500 total = $200 savings) for remote starter (I didn't include starter price in Sales Price listed above)
% off of MSRP: 6%

My recommendation is to contact and negotiate with various internet sales managers in your local area, instead of negotiating w/ a salesperson at a particular dealership. Get a set in stone price from the internet sales manager or sales manager in writing (via email), before even discussing your trade-in or financing (if applicable).

Definitely excited to be joining the CX-5 community....moved from a 2007 BMW 328XI. Thing became an absolute money pit after 80k miles.

Definitely excited to be joining the CX-5 community....moved from a 2007 BMW 328XI. Thing became an absolute money pit after 80k miles.

Welcome aboard!

I hold a long opinion that BMWs & Audis are only good as lease vehicles. I am sure some exist out there over 100K miles without a problem but they are a rare breed.

So Aawanii, you got around $1400 or so off MSRP (not counting your rebate). That seems to be where these are coming in at if you can get some negotiations going.

Thanks

Exactly Garrett. I pushed harder, however was told by each sales manager (five total in my area) that they either could not meet or go lower than that price. Maybe better deals can be found closer to month-end though, especially this Saturday (month-end quotas come into play).

It definitely took several phone calls and emails to get down to that price. However, I feel as coordinating through the internet sales managers is the way to go (more time efficient, bidding "wars, and stress-free negotiations).

Put a downpayment and had a managers discount with the dealer for the last of their 2015 CX5 AWD GT + Tech Package in Meteor Gray Mica at I believe 27k... Dealer got 2016's the next shipment around instead, discount still applied as they took the responsibility and only asked for another grand or so which was no problem. Paying about 28k for a 2016 AWD GT Tech Package seemed like a sweet deal.

So CX5671 your paying 28K (including destination?) for a 2016 AWD with tech package? You have a signed contract for this deal? My guess is that it does not include destination charges.

Just bought a 2016 CX-5 pearl white AWD GT w/ tech and roof rack for 30,900 tonight in Puyallup Washington.

I haven't purchased one yet, but I received an offer for a '16 CX-5 AWD GT + Tech Package for $30,150 + fees. No negotiating yet, but it's a start. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Invoice from TrueCar shows $31,218. MSRP shows as $31,855.

You guys are lucky. The CX-5 GT AWD lists at $47,530 AUD ($36,145 USD) in Australia, including on-road costs for my state, but cars are generally more expensive in Australia anyway. For example a BMW M3 lists at $171,846 AUD on the road.

I negotiated the price of our GT down to $44,500 AUD ($33,829 USD) including tinted windows, mud flaps, sunshades and car mats, so I was quite pleased with that discount.

I'm not sure if the specs of the AU GT are exactly the same as the US version, but I know we get driver's seat memory which you guys don't get, and LEDs are also included as standard. There might be some other minor differences too, but I think overall the CX-5 represents good value compared to other vehicles in its segment.

I picked up a '16 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech (Blue Reflex Mica) this weekend. MSRP was $31,855, selling price was $29,997 ($1000 below invoice). Have to give a huge thanks to the forum. I used this (http://www.realcartips.com/guide/newcars.shtml) website technique that aaiwani posted to secure that price.

I found a dealer that is offering $29,997 in my area, too. Did you get any extras thrown in?

Back