2016 CX 5 Options and Changes

Thanks for posting this. I'm researching the CX-5 as a possible first car after college graduation in a few months, and knowing what's changed is a big help.

I wish Mazda hadn't hidden all the safety features behind $3k of packages, but that's not your fault :D .

LEDs on all the exterior lights is impressive. I'm still not sold on the vertical lines on the grill & fog lights.
Of course newer model years will add more features to attract new buyers or for ppl to trade in.
But of course we're going to keep our '14 GT since we still have a year left of payments (<$5k) & I just got a '15 WRX.

Thanks for posting this. I'm researching the CX-5 as a possible first car after college graduation in a few months, and knowing what's changed is a big help.

I wish Mazda hadn't hidden all the safety features behind $3k of packages, but that's not your fault :D .

Hey, make sure you get the recent graduate discount. I think it's like $500, and you have to have graduated within 12 months. I graduated 15 months prior to buying my CX-5 and was really mad!

That was my second choice. I was having trouble deciding between the Suby and the Mazda. How are you liking the WRX? How did it do in the recent snow?
I put Continental Extreme Contact DWSs all season tires on the stock 17 wheels & it did great in the snow. Just scary at times when breaking bc once the abs kicks in, it's a crap shoot whether I'll get traction when braking so I keep a farther distance in heavy/icy snow. AWD isn't going to help me stop any better.
They didn't come early enough this past Monday to replow my driveway after the ~20" of snow & snow drift so I tried to shovel it down to where it was below the bumper, but got stuck 1/2 way through but was able to pull foward & back through about 2ft of snow on a 2nd try. I know it's not good for the car but I gave up shoveling(carrying the snow bc it was too thick to shovel) after 10 minutes.
So far so good, my first Subi after owning 3 Mazdas. Just sick of Civics with fart cans trying to race me all the time. Some POS with a dented hood & different colored body panels, keeps trying to race me & swerves in my lane bc he can't pass me. I showed him today, but really don't want to get arrested for street racing.
So what, if I have a faster car, there are many cars way faster than mine, so don't drive like a dick & endanger others & think your POS can beat anything. I see him almost everyday on the way home from work. If he keeps it up, I'll probably get a dash cam & start recording. Not going to get inticed by him again. Just going to pull off the road & let him pass.
Sorry for the rant. lol

Back