Driver side mirror vibration fixed!

duke594

Contributor
I was just wanting to post about TSB: 09-002/13. I had issues with the driver side mirror vibrating at highway speeds. I took into the dealer and the performed the TSB on it. This was in June 2014. It was still having issues and after seeing others state that they were still having issues and that Mazda was replacing the mirrors I took my CX-5 back in. They have updated the mirror design on the 2015 CX-5 and they replaced my mirrors with the updated style. I now have no mirror vibration. I am happy it is fixed and glad to know Mazda is willing to take care of any issues i have with my CX-5.

Did the amount of wind-noise from the mirror area change after the the update? I took my 2015 in and a "fix" was applied. Vibration was fixed, but wind-noise seems to be higher?

==
Michael

Interesting.. might have to visit a Mazda dealer to get my 2014 CX-5 vibration fix for the mirrors + hood...

They did something to my mirror, but the vibration is not completely gone.
I will have to remove the door card, to see what they did. I have a feeling, that they did not reinforced the door, as they should.

I haven't noticed any increase in wind noise. It sounds the same to me even with the windows down. I have seen were others have posted that the new style seems to have more wind noise.

Glad I still have my 2014 mirrors then because I have enough wind noise already. I'd rather have the mirror shake a tiny bit over more wind noise.

I just recently had my 2014 GT driver's side mirror vibration corrected. The change is not visible from the outside, it is the bracket inside the housing that was changed. The vibration is completely gone - wind noise is exactly the same as it was before.

Interesting.. might have to visit a Mazda dealer to get my 2014 CX-5 vibration fix for the mirrors + hood...

Mine did the same thing. Turned out that they did not completely snap the plastic cover in. I snap it in and whistle was gone.

I was just wanting to post about TSB: 09-002/13. I had issues with the driver side mirror vibrating at highway speeds. I took into the dealer and the performed the TSB on it. This was in June 2014. It was still having issues and after seeing others state that they were still having issues and that Mazda was replacing the mirrors I took my CX-5 back in. They have updated the mirror design on the 2015 CX-5 and they replaced my mirrors with the updated style. I now have no mirror vibration. I am happy it is fixed and glad to know Mazda is willing to take care of any issues i have with my CX-5.

How did you get the dealer to replace with new mirrors?

On mine, they didn't even repair it properly(they did not install cross bars). There is still a little bit of shake.

I was able to replicate the mirror vibration for the dealer without even going for a drive. With my drivers side window rolled all the way down, and a song with bass on the radio with the volume turned up, the drivers side view mirror would vibrate. The passenger mirror would not.

Great idea of a way to prove it to them without test driving. I had service managers tell me they couldn't stare at the mirror when driving to tell; however, I just recently had one tell me that their district manager had heard others had success in solving the problem by replacing with new style mirrors. They are suppose to meet this week. I really, "hope" they don't give me the run a round and instead do what is right.

Did the amount of wind-noise from the mirror area change after the the update? I took my 2015 in and a "fix" was applied. Vibration was fixed, but wind-noise seems to be higher

Michael[/QU Micheal, I read your post and have a 2014 CX-5 with old style mirrors. It is possible, in the near future the dealer will replace these with the 2015 style. I am curious to hear why they had to do anything to yours about vibration. I thought all the 2015's had the new style mirrors with turn signal on the front.

The reason I am so inquisitive is because I don't want to get worse wind noise with the new style. Vibration is one thing. More noise is quite another. Is the wind noise from the mirror or at your left ear, at the top of the door?

I haven't noticed any increase in wind noise. It sounds the same to me even with the windows down. I have seen were others have posted that the new style seems to have more wind noise.

How bad was your wind noise prior to the new mirror installation? I am considering replacing mine with new style 2015s. Dealer is working with District manager to get us new style.

I drove a 2015 and it sounded much quieter to me, but of course that was in calm winds. Cross winds tend to make the noise worse.
At least, that is true for me, on the old style mirrors.

Can you elaborate, a bit more on the noise? Is it from the mirrors or around the door seals, at the top corners?

Did the amount of wind-noise from the mirror area change after the the update? I took my 2015 in and a "fix" was applied. Vibration was fixed, but wind-noise seems to be higher?

==
Michael

One other question, do you have the "new style" mirrors on your cx-5 now. The ones with the signal light on the front of the mirror housing?

Please tell me what dealer did your replacement. What is there address? The district service manager here is giving the run around that they don't think it will fit the 2014 model...bunch of bull. They are checking with product development to see if it will work; however, I know from your post it will! If I can give them the name of the dealership and the location, I believe I can get them to do this.

Thank you for your help!

Back