Interior Lights stay on after closing CX-5 2015

imp247

:
Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red
We recently bought a CX5 2015 and the following has happened to us a couple of times:
A friend of us called us because we left the interior lights on. I said, I must had forgotten to turn them off and just went down to turn them off.

But I happened again as we went of the vehicle, closed the doors clicked the keyfob to close and there! interior lights on. Waited for some time, and didn't went off!
Had to get back opened doors, checked the lights but they were not depressed, meaning they weren't activated. As I closed the vehicle again, the lights went off normally.

Has anyone happened this before?

The time delay is adjustable via the menu.

Nah...it's more likely something else I have experienced. I find myself wearing gloves while driving local errands as the engine is slow to warm up during this spate of abnormally cold winter days. My experience is that when putting things like carwash and library cards in the overhead glasses bin where my household stores them, that I am hitting the cabin light switch by accident. It is this which has brought me outside in the dark to unlock and turn off the interior lights. Just sayin'.

Brian

Nah...it's more likely something else I have experienced. I find myself wearing gloves while driving local errands as the engine is slow to warm up during this spate of abnormally cold winter days. My experience is that when putting things like carwash and library cards in the overhead glasses bin where my household stores them, that I am hitting the cabin light switch by accident. It is this which has brought me outside in the dark to unlock and turn off the interior lights. Just sayin'.

Brian

That could be it but I don't remember reaching anything up there. I will keep observing when this happens.

My light switch is usually set to keep the lights off. I too noticed the lights coming on unexpectedly. However, when I paid more attention I did notice my hand touching the switch once in a while when I was taking my sun glasses in/out of the holder.
It is a simple switch, so I don't see a way for it to move on its own. At least in my case, it was all me.

Some of the switches are pretty low quality, if you adjust the centre air vents, the harzard warning lights go off just by brushing against the switch, maybe the same thing with the light?

I go with the inadvertent tripping the switch. I keep my garage door control in the eyeglass holder and have done that a few times.

Brian

Yup. Happens to mo once in a while. I find the switch a bit too sensitive and close to the sunglass holder...

Now, can it warm up already! (canada)

We recently bought a CX5 2015 and the following has happened to us a couple of times:
A friend of us called us because we left the interior lights on. I said, I must had forgotten to turn them off and just went down to turn them off.

But I happened again as we went of the vehicle, closed the doors clicked the keyfob to close and there! interior lights on. Waited for some time, and didn't went off!
Had to get back opened doors, checked the lights but they were not depressed, meaning they weren't activated. As I closed the vehicle again, the lights went off normally.

Has anyone happened this before?

I know I am 4 years late to this forum, but this has been happening to me in my 2014 Mazda 3. My car doesn't have a sunglasses holder or anything near the map lights, so I cannot be accidentally switching them on without realising it. In order to turn on my map lights, you have to press hard on the lens, which makes a loud "click" that is very noticeable. Or you have to press the toggle switch from "door" to "on." When I have found the lights on, hours after I parked the car, the toggle switch was on "door" and none of the doors was ajar. I have found several other forums where this is happening--the map lights are found on in the car several hours after parking it. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! Has anyone found a way to solve the issue?

Back