Vibrations from not clearing all snow

quant

:
2015 GT CX-5 w/ Tech Package
So being in New England we got a lot of snow over the past two days. I have some blizzaks for the winter on currently, and drove up to go skiing today. I cleared as much snow as I could prior to driving, some was iced over and basically stuck to the car. Little did I know that these small amounts of snow on the hood would cause some serious vibrations. Small meaning maybe 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch patches on the left and right side of the hood. I stopped to get some gas cleared as much as I could off and it was a little better but the vibrations continued. After my car sat in the parking lot at the mountain, the sun and the engine heat melted the rest from the hood, and there was no vibrations on the way back. I have never had an issue with any of my previous cars with a little bit of snow. Has anyone else had any issues?

Normal. Snow and ice get stuck in the rims as they act like pockets. This causes an out of balance effect.

Wow, I thought I was only one with this problem. I live in New Jersey and we have had some snowfalls over the last few weeks, and the vibrations start after going through the snow. Dry pavement all set, snow vibrations....

Lol, my sister called me asking me why her wheels were vibrating the whole car all of a sudden on her RAV 4 at the same time it was happening to my Mazda. I told her it was snow stuck in the wheels and that it would go away when the snow melts and it did.

Back