2014 GT AWD seat comfort for long trips

lwh1993

:
2005 Mazda Tribute AWD V6
I was just on a trip from Minnesota to Michigan in my 2014 GT AWD and the seats were really uncomfortable. I'm comparing this to the Mazda Tribute with CLoth Seats I had for 9 years which I never had this issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I was just on a trip from Minnesota to Michigan in my 2014 GT AWD and the seats were really uncomfortable. I'm comparing this to the Mazda Tribute with CLoth Seats I had for 9 years which I never had this issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Seats are very personal. I have some lower back / leg issues so I am more sensitive to it then most. The CX-5 seat is great for ME. A friend has a ford SUV that he says has the most comfortable seats he has ever had in a vehicle or in his home. I believe him but I can sit in them more more then 15 minutes without being in pain.

Your options are
Adjust it
Add something to it.
Replace the seat.
Replace the vehicle.

Over the years I have done all of the above. Now when I buy a car I take a LONG test drive and / or go to the dealer and sit in the car I think I want and watch a movie on my I-pad.

The trouble with bucket seats is people don't have the same size bucket

The trouble with bucket seats is people don't have the same size bucket

So true. My wife doesn't care for the CX-5 seats, I think they're fine. She does not have to drive my car if the seats are bad, that suits me.

Wow, I actually find the CX-5 seats more comfortable than my '05 Tribute's (with cloth seats) were. The adjustable lumbar support is much better on the CX-5 than was on the Tribute, IMO. But, I've only put ~4.5k miles on my CX-5, whereas I drove the Tribute over 100k miles, cross-country twice, etc. The longest road trip I've done in the CX-5 so far was only about 3 hours.

I've spent 8 hours in my cloth covered CX-5 seats and it was better than any car I've experienced including Volvo's which are known for good seats. I'm 6'-04", 210 pounds. What is your body type? No one seat fits everyone but Mazda seems to understand ergonomics well because I've heard good reports from a number of people a lot smaller than me.

I did 17hrs to disney land florida in my old gt, seat was comfortable enough for 17 a straight drive lol. I weigh 150lb so im not packing much butt to cushion lol

Back