Drivers seat not holding position?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Hi everybody! Big Noob here! I've got a 2014 CX-5 Touring that has had the Katskin leather added (I love it!) and aftermarket seat heaters (great right now!). This was all performed through the dealer. Now I've got the power drivers seat - 6 way I believe - and the setting seems to "slip" with time. I'm finding that every week or so I have to make minor adjustments in the seat back recline and the fore/aft of the seat. I'm always moving it in the same direction; more upright and slightly forward.

Has anybody else experienced this? That their seat seems to slip over time?

Also, has anyone added some time of spacer to give the seat bottom more of a tilt back? I find it's slightly flat for my taste.

Otherwise I love the car!

IIRC the upshot is that for some people the buttons are placed in such a way that their legs, as they enter and -- especially -- exit the seat, make slight contact and some movement results, which may accumulate over a few days. I don't have this problem regularly, but one time when I was half in and half out of the drivers seat fussing with something in the console the seat back appeared to go back on its own -- until I realized that my trailing leg had pushed against the control button.

It's something more than that. My wife has experienced it several times, even coming back to the car to find the seat back lying back down on the rear seat! I've made sure that nothing is down in that area, touching (or possibly touching) the switches. Gremlins!

I've had the ghost driver in my 2013 FWD since we got it in Dec 2012. It happens once every 2 or 3 months. It is not my wife or I accidentally bumping the controls on the side of the seat when we get in or out. I've mentioned it to the dealer a couple of times. Both times, they said "hmm". The only way a dealer will try to fix it is if they can recreate the problem. Good luck with that. We've just decided to live with it and adjust the seat when it happens.

It just happened to me too. I have left my car in the garage and we left to Sequoia's and when I came back two days later the seat back it was almost all the way in the back. I have not notice this until now. I had the car for a bit over a year.

Yeah, definitely an issue I've been experiencing for awhile now. I have to adjust my seat at least once a week. :|

I have left my car in the garage for three days and then when it happened. Usually, the most I leave it, is for two days(weekend).

Hi everybody!

Has anybody else experienced this? That their seat seems to slip over time?

Also, has anyone added some time of spacer to give the seat bottom more of a tilt back? I find it's slightly flat for my taste.

Otherwise I love the car!

I haven't experienced my seat moving on its own.

I have 1/2 inch spacers under the front my drivers seat. If you do this you will need to purchase longer bolts.

Back