New member and some questions

:
2019 GT Reserve - Deep Blue 2016 Mazda3 iTouring - Soul Red
Hi all. I just moved from another country where there is no Mazdas at all but always wanted to have one. I'm currently very interesting in the cx5 and my wife likes it too. So as soon as I get the drivers license I'll be heading to the dealer.
I know it's not the car segment nor a high quality expensive car, but would like to know how is the road noise (asking this cause of some complaints about the mazda3) real life mpg and the "old" infotainment system.
Thank you all in advance.

Road noise is probably on the higher side, meaning a bit more noisy than some of it's competitors. The mpg, I normally get around the average or above it on my 2.5L AWD. The infotainment system is pretty bad... Slow bluetooth start up, no shuffle when in bluetooth (on iPhone at least), cannot read the text message, slow USB load (probably due to the BT module or something).

The 2016 Mazda CX-5 said to be fixing all these issues though, so if you can wait, it's probably worth the wait on the 2016 module with the refresh updated interior and exterior. Updated infotainment system, better road noise (10% improvement(?)).

The cx-5 may not be a luxury brand but the quality is very high. Yes the info system is poor but the rest of the car is very high quality. I have owned 5 Mazda's over the years and none of there gave me trouble. Some were well over 150000 miles with nothing more than routine maintenance.

The 2016 Mazda CX-5 said to be fixing all these issues though, so if you can wait, it's probably worth the wait on the 2016 module with the refresh updated interior and exterior. Updated infotainment system, better road noise (10% improvement(?)).

I find the road noise to be average for it's class. I would only be concerned if the car was to be used for lots of high speed cruising and then I would be looking at a sedan like the Mazda 6 (much quieter than a SUV).

You could save some money and avoid the infotainment issues by finding a good used 2013 CX-5. It is really satisfying to drive and I love it. Don't believe those who say it doesn't have enough power unless you are an alpha-dog style driver who has to pass everyone in front of you at high speed. And if that is the case, I would be looking at a sedan like the Mazda 6 because sedans have much better high speed performance.

I drove a 2005 Mazda Tribute from July 5, 2005 till October 4, 2014 and I really loved it! A few repair problems over the years but close to 90K miles and needed more work done so I traded in for 2015 CX-5 GT loaded AWD 2.5 liter, I love driving it! Wish I could do more winding country roads instead of city traffic, but it has been super fun to drive...I would never leave Mazda!

Back