Delsp5 Taxi Build Thread

delsp5

:
Mazda Protege5 Sunburst Yellow
Hey Guys, I'm Michael from Vancouver, BC. This is my first build thread and its really just to keep track of my progress as well as keep motivating me to keep going. So far the car is stock as hell other than HIDs and painted bezels as well as aftermarket exhaust.

Current pics:

After a wash

Bezels painted (I need to polish those headlights lol)

The exhaust. It sticks out like a mf'er. Wondering what I could do to chop it down somehow....

Exhaust soundclip. Just quick cause there were neighbours in the garage, didn't want to bother :)

Some wheels I purchased locally. 17x8.5, still gotta measure the offset later, but it'll be an ongoing project to restore and refinish them.

Tires are coming from a buddy of mine :). Hope this all goes well and give me some pointers!
More to come.

Car idles at around 500, gonna clean the EGR and see how it fairs.
On the other hand, I'm ordering some lighting goodies like LEDs etc etc.

What would be better: LEDs or HIDs for the fog lamps? I want to go with LEDs to skip the headache of having ballasts and junk. Opinions?

The HID's in your fogs will take modification to the housing itself so if you dont want the headache than go LED. I personally wouldnt think LED's would be good for actual road lighting though, as DDM labels their LED's for fogs and other exterior lighting for "Color match purposes only"

The HID's in your fogs will take modification to the housing itself so if you dont want the headache than go LED. I personally wouldnt think LED's would be good for actual road lighting though, as DDM labels their LED's for fogs and other exterior lighting for "Color match purposes only"

makes sense, something to think about. thanks!

thanks! yeah they were a steal, but it'll take some work to get them looking good.
anyway, i hit the junkyard with a friend last week and picked up these 94-95 honda accord rear spats.
did some modifying and turned out like this:

painted and installed:

yes i washed my car right after.. hate it being dirty but so hard to justify cleaning while its raining.

i'll be painting the rear valence tomorrow or friday, and hitting up a local auto parts shop that sells some exterior parts for proteges so gonna pick up a front lip and grille!
also an msp parked behind me today, so awesome.

Haven't updated in a while but just got back from California and picked up a sweet deal for steering wheel set. $200 for short hub, quick release and wheel. Installing tomorrow. Also picked up some sickspeed horns and rally armor mudflaps so those will be going on soon. Afterwards its time to save for a set of coils..

That looks nice, any way you would take a picture of the wheel from a shot through the window or door open to see it from a different perspective? That would be great!

got some rally armor mudflaps and coilovers.
have to replace the rear upper mounts though, most likely with camber plates.

coils

Sure hope you test fitted those jeep wheels before working on them. I haven't heard of domestics having 5x114 but I could be wrong.

Sure hope you test fitted those jeep wheels before working on them. I haven't heard of domestics having 5x114 but I could be wrong.

certain early jeep models have 5x114 like the cherokee and wrangler. it's been test fitted so no worries :D

Wheels are getting mounted and I'm picking them up tomorrow. Stretch on 215/40! Coils, lip, and wheels go on tomorrow as well as the mudflaps.

Back