Why is Mazda not on this list?

Well, if he told you it's not a top 20 selling car, would you have still bought it? He made they sale, which is all he set out to do.

I had a salesman tell me that there was no perceptive difference between the 2.0L and 2.5L engine. He also did not shut up the entire test drive. I did not buy from him.

What if the salesman told you that for $38,000, he will sell you the CX-5.5 Grand Turbo package with a 2.5L sequential turbo engine?

Did they possibly say it is the best (pause) selling SUV, as in it is the best SUV that is currently for sale? Or did they say it is the best-selling SUV, as in it is the SUV that currently sells the most?

Weasel words with different meanings......

Salesman could've meant the best selling SUV for Mazda which is true. I avoided the CRV RAV4 because they are best sellers and I want something more unique. It used to be rare to see another CX5 but I see multiple everyday now.

Do people still believe what auto salespeople say? Amazing.

The CX-5 is the best selling CUV in Australia, though that's a little far from being US.

Never believe your salesperson.

I found this as well breaking down Mazda's sales for September by model

http://www.mazdausamedia.com/2014-10-01-MAZDA-CX-5-AND-MAZDA6-SET-RECORD-SEPTEMBER-SALES

Regardless, I am very happy and so is my wife when we got ours in June. We were originally going to get Subaru's again but she like the styling of the Mazda 6 and I told her to get it. But I kept eyeballing the CX-5 in the showroom right next to the Mazda 6 she was getting so we test drove a GT and I was hooked. I think people get caught up in the Honda and Toyota hype and frankly both of those brands have been tarnished in the quality department over the years.

Perhaps Mazda needs a luxury brand of its own to push the envelope and grab attention.

Here is a 2014 sales chart I found for the cx-5.
Cn6I50j.png

I found this as well breaking down Mazda's sales for September by model

http://www.mazdausamedia.com/2014-10-01-MAZDA-CX-5-AND-MAZDA6-SET-RECORD-SEPTEMBER-SALES

Regardless, I am very happy and so is my wife when we got ours in June. We were originally going to get Subaru's again but she like the styling of the Mazda 6 and I told her to get it. But I kept eyeballing the CX-5 in the showroom right next to the Mazda 6 she was getting so we test drove a GT and I was hooked. I think people get caught up in the Honda and Toyota hype and frankly both of those brands have been tarnished in the quality department over the years.

Perhaps Mazda needs a luxury brand of its own to push the envelope and grab attention.

My parents have an ~1 year old Acura RLX that cost about twice as much as the typical CX-5. It has had 3 recalls so far. Suspension bolts not tightened properly at the factory, faulty seatbelts and most recently a problem with the headlights delaminating. Riding around in it reveals uncomfortable tuning - bumps are very hard - and lots of odd clicks and clunks - though some of those could be because of various work being done requiring taking apart the interior.

No manufacturer is perfect and there will always be room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with how my Mazdas over the years performed.

I think there is a Mitsubishi salesman on this forum trying to push up Mitsubishi sales!

Latest posts

Back