running lights at the front but what about the rear?

ashdale

:
cx5
I know my new CX5 has running lights at the front and I can see the reflections when I'm behind a shiny car at the traffic lights. But do I have the equivalent, red running lights at the rear using, say, the normal sidelights? The brochure doesn't say so. When cars are behind me, I can't see any red reflections but I guess the lights (if they are there) are less powerful than the front ones, or the cars behind me are not shiny enough.

If I stop to have a look, I put the parking brake on and of course the lights will switch off at the front. And therefore at the rear, if they are there. Unfortunately, I've not seen another CX5 (of this year's vintage) go past me so I can tell. So I still don't know. (Yes I can go back to the dealer and ask, but this forum is quicker!)

That is one of the safety issues with Daylight running lights, is that there is no tail lights on unless you turn the lights or parking lights on. I see people at night running with no tail lights. They mistakenly assume they turned the headlights/tail lights on when thy are only running with daylights. I am not sure if this has been addressed by Mazda or any manufactures yet. Ed

Always worries me when I get a rental car - are the headlights automatic or do I switch them on manually?

Back