Mazda CX 5 manufacturing

Uti

:
CX5 Sendo Edition
Hello!
Where are Mazda CX5 models for US market manufactured, in Japan, in Mexico?

Markku

Last edited:
Mine was manufactured in Hiroshima, Japan which was a definite plus in my mind. Mazda has announced the expansion of production into China but I think those will all be sold in China.

North American CX-5's are manufactured in Hiroshima Japan. Production won't begin in Mexico until the 2016 MY North American Mazda2.

CX5's for Europe are made also in Japan. There seems to be altleast one difference between European models and US models; the blinkers in mirrors covers are different in models 2015?

Mazda 3 is coming to Europe from Mexico in near future!
Markku

Last edited:
CX5's for Europe are made also in Japan. There seems to be altleast one difference between European models and US models; the blinkers in mirrors covers are different in models 2015?

Mazda 3 is coming to Europe from Mexico in near future!
Markku

I believe the European version also has a center commander fob...wish we had that in the NA version =(

I believe the European version also has a center commander fob...wish we had that in the NA version =(

It can probably be retrofitted. It requires removing one of the cupholders. Maybe that's why NA doesn't have it :)

Markku

Are they the same blinkers that started shipping with the 4/15 & later build '15 models here in NA?

They think, that for Americans is more important a cup holder, than a commander control. They maybe right, about that.

Are they the same blinkers that started shipping with the 4/15 & later build '15 models here in NA?

Yes, we'll get new mirrors and all the other facelift changes maybe 1Q or 2Q/2015 in Europe!
I think, that the commander knob makes living more easier, I had same kind of knob in my BMW f30, wich I traded to CX5 .
Markku

Back