2014 CX-5 driver side wiper squeaking

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
Replaced OEM wiper blade with a Bosch wiper blade(https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)), and noticed that the driver side starts to squeak/chatter when it hits leftmost location(looking from driver seat). Thought it was due to dry rubbing, but during steady rain it still squeaks. Anything I did wrong? Passenger side doesn't have this sound. Also of note: the metal wiper arm is a lot more visible than before, I'll get a pic once rain stops.

You've got a rubber/scum build-up where the wiper blade stops and changes direction. Common problem. Easiest thing to do is clay bar the entire windshield.

Your link to Amazon is to a 26" wiper blade. The CX-5 uses a 24" on the drivers side. Perhaps that's part of the problem?

Your link to Amazon is to a 26" wiper blade. The CX-5 uses a 24" on the drivers side. Perhaps that's part of the problem?

I did get 24" version. That big red bar on the top is hard to miss...btw the squeak sound is intermittent, i.e. not every stroke has it. I could try claybar windshield this weekend.

Back