Windshield replacement - left over tape?

quant

:
2015 GT CX-5 w/ Tech Package
Just had my window replace after sealant fill failed and was determined that it could not be repaired. So I go it replaced today. Rain sensors work, SCBS work too, but there is some left over tape from the new window, I am just wondering if it is an issue and take it back to get it looked at. Pictures below:

Tape under window? Pictures

Leave it on for 24-48 hours so everything can set. Don't know why but that is what I've been told to do.

Safelite, if the crack is small enough they can fill it with an expoy using a high pressure machine to fill the crack, if that fails or does not work the next step is to replace the entire window

That tape is just stuck in the middle of the window not holding or "taping" anything up?
If not, then take it off, guy must of accidentally left it.

That tape is just stuck in the middle of the window not holding or "taping" anything up?
If not, then take it off, guy must of accidentally left it.

Thanks will check it out tomorrow, it is under the review view mirror unit with rain sensor and scbs

I felt like the plastic cover could pop off when I was looking at it today

Thanks will check it out tomorrow, it is under the review view mirror unit with rain sensor and scbs

I felt like the plastic cover could pop off when I was looking at it today

The sensors in there are in 3 pieces.
first is the piece that is attached to the glass. It's flat and has a bunch of holes.
The 2nd and 3rd piece is the cover itself which is rounded. It's in 2 halves. it has clips on it that attaches to the holes on the flat piece that's on the window.
They're held together with clips, so if there's tap on it, on the rounded bulging piece, it's doing nothing, take the tape off.

I put a dash cam where those sensors are and i had to open it up and it's so tight that the clips broke off and had to order replacement. So i've been inside it

Back