What I would like to see added to the CX-5

roccizm

:
CX-5
I received my 2014 Mazda CX-5 last week and after 7 days of driving thought I would post a few nice to have tweaks which hopefully someone can help me with.

- The frustrating USB shuffle mode, when turned off and on the USB starts from the first track (doesnt pick up from the last song!!) Plenty on the web about this but no fix?!?!
- The steering wheel seek button when held down does not have the same behavior as the seek button on the head unit (no fast forward)
- The headlight level on the Xenon's is a little low
- The windows (including sunroof) cannot be closed by the key fob (boom03) killer.
- The sunroof cannot be closed once the ignition is off.
- No rain sensor activation to close the windows (In the VW when it rained the windows would close), great for summer.
- Bluetooth calls are sketchy when establishing. Once call is up and running seems OK?
- DRL needs to be turned off (IMO). Got to be something better than a fuse?

Does anyone think the above will be fixed by software update?

Other than that its a great car to drive - handles well, plenty or torque. Looks great with 19's, plenty of boot space and comfy seats.

Last edited:
I believe the daytime running lights can be turned off with a wacky sequence of button pushing.
I would like to see the radio volume have a soft start up (Idk what that's called) rather then come on at the last setting.

60hp and 40lb/ft tq...basically a mazdaspeed version of the CX-5....it could give the Audi SQ-5/a run for its money at $20k less

I would to see the ability to open the sunroof & windows with the key fob. I loved that feature on my previous cars to let that initial blast of Smaug breath out on a hot day.
A better, easier rear hatch opening option would be nice,either by key fob or something like Fords foot activated option

I'd liked to see rear fog lights added like European cars have. I'd also like to be able to close the windows and sunroof with the key fob.

Regards:
Oldengineer

I don't need a tach with my automatic, really wouldn't even need a tach with a stick shift, but, would much rather have a temp-gauge. I like to see how my engine is warming up in the winter.

Hatch release on the fob would also be nice.

I don't need a tach with my automatic, really wouldn't even need a tach with a stick shift, but, would much rather have a temp-gauge. I like to see how my engine is warming up in the winter.

Hatch release on the fob would also be nice.

You might want to look into one of the smartphone apps and an OBD 2 adapter (I'd go Wif over BT)... you would be surprised to see the real time stats you can get from your car.

Back