TomTom SD Card Upgrade and now No Nav

fvansan

:
2014 mazda cx 5 gt
Yesterday, I upgraded my TomTom SD Card (I have done it once before without any problems) and now my Navigation button is grayed-out. My laptop states the SD Card was upgraded successfully. I placed the SD card back in its slot, closed its little door, put the car ignition in accessory mode, turned on the 'ON" button that controls the radio and the usual TomTom introduction screen came on and then nothing but a working radio. I waited and waited for the car computer to be upgraded and still a grayed-out Nav button. I turned off the car, took out the SD Card, placed it back in my computer and it said a short upgrade was available, which I upgraded. I followed the same procedure again in trying to transfer the data to the car without luck. I, for the third time, placed the SD Card back in the computer and using TomTom Restore feature, placed previous data on the card, but I continue to have a nonworking Navigation in the 2014 CX-5 . I did a search on this site for similar issues and followed directions that I found on a older post, but I was unsuccessful in getting this thing to function..

Can anyone help me get the Navigation working again? I appreciate all the help on this site.

Were you upgrading from 10.852 to 10.854? Upgrade performed on a Mac or Windows?

There is a chance you have a hardware issue as well and may need to make a trip to dealer.

unsure of the version. It was the most recent one.downloaded with windows. yes, i may have to go to dealer and get the usb hardware repair too.

This obviously doesn't help you now but you might want to keep a backup SD card in the future. I keep a couple around that are image copies in case something like this happens. Of course if the firmware upgrade tanked it somehow then that option won't work either.

This could be an issue coming from a version prior to 852 which was released earlier this year.

Keep us posted!

I returned from the dealer and coincidentally, while I updated the SD Card with the new TomTom Update when I placed the card in the car's SD Slot, the SD Reader decided to become defective. The dealer replaced the reader and everything worked. How do I discover what version I have installed on the reader? I noticed all my settings I set for the TomTom disappeared. I cannot locate the option to turn on warnings for speeding cameras. I am wondering if the dealer restored the card to the version that came from the manufacturer.

Apparently, the dealer installed a new SD Card. I went to update the card and TomTom Home showed a different SD Card and I was able to update it, download the content to the car and was then able to activate speed cameras and ect. Also the nav system gave me the version #, even though I didn't understand the content. At least everything works now. Thanks to all responders.

I had the same problem last week......upgraded with Macbook Pro (TomTomDrive) and put the SD card back into the locker and closed the door..........nothing, only radio ! I pulled the card out again and put it into the Macbook....TomTomDrive said : It`s good !
So I put it back into the locker (second time !!) and closed the little door......(also second time) and.............yes !! TomTom starts with a fully new upgraded SD Card. So you must return to your car twice !! This is a sort of reset for the CX-5 ! First time it does not work, second time is does work !!!

Back