Noob in MANY ways; 2015 CX5

ktsb

:
Mazda, CX 5, GT, 2015
After considerable research I purchased a 2015 GT this weekend. My first Mazda as well. I essentially came off a well equipped V6 (Infinity EX) that was just costing too much in gas.

So it's been a day or so of driving the CX5 I'm complexed abut the Nav system. I should preface this with the salesman who sold me the car was useless although he acted like he knew everything. I have since figured out that he was down right wrong about several things I asked him. I'm also not so sure he didn't give me the manual for the 2014. The pictures of the dash don't exactly match mine. So I didn't get a good walk through of the vehicle. So probably stupid questions coming.....

First and foremost am I going to have to answer the "sharing of information" question EVERY TIME I TURN THE CAR ON??? I primarily use the nav system to know what I'm up against on my long commute every day. I can't zoom out on the map and have it stick so I can watch what's happening ahead. Every other system I've worked with allows me to do this. Also don't see any kind of traffic indicator. My nav systems before had traffic connected with the XM radio. What am I missing on the Nav setup???

Hoping to not have to call the dealer because I'm sure they'll have me chat with Mr. Know Nothing.

No. You only answer that question after each map update/map correction. There is a traffic animation, it's a cascading set of horizontal lines along the road. You may need to look in the nav traffic setting to see if it's on. There is an arrow to zoom in and out I think you have to click the eyeglass first. You can look at the aftermarket reference link in my sig to see what mod you want to buy first.

Go into the TomTom settings and turn the Auto Zoom feature off. Zoom to your liking using the magnifying glass and zoom will stay stationary. If your navi asks you for map share confirmation with each start up, I believe there is a setting to turn it off too.

Up until May 31st, I'd never driven, or probably ever even been in a Mazda, now, I'm a happy owner of the 2015 CX-5 Touring FWD. I was a Ford / Honda guy, but, my two local Honda dealers pissed me off to the point I have no intentions of ever going back, so, guess I'm more a Ford / Mazda guy now. Although, I turn 50 in a couple years, so, I'm thinking for my mid-life-crisis, I might go for a Jeep Wranger(w/removable hardtop), or retractable hardtop Miata(assuming they have the Retractable Hard Top by then??)...

Thanks I will try those tips. Thought I scrolled through all of the settings but maybe I missed it somewhere. I've read through the entire very short manual I got and found no answers. The nav instruction book for my acura and infinity could be used as small weights.

Thanks I will try those tips. Thought I scrolled through all of the settings but maybe I missed it somewhere. I've read through the entire very short manual I got and found no answers. The nav instruction book for my acura and infinity could be used as small weights.

When we took our first long trip on our CX5 in August the auto zoom feature drove me nuts till I changed it. Going from memory, I think it resides in the "Advanced Settings" option

Back