noob saying hello!

mNers

:
2015 CX-5 Touring AWD
hey whats up guys, noob here saying hello! (butt)

my name is Mitch, traded in my 2005 mazda 3 for a 2015 cx5 touring on saturday - love the vehicle, down to every detail. saw this forum and had to sign up, so much useful info everywhere.

just have a two silly questions to all the owners on here: anyone have bluetooth problems? seems like it is always downloading my phone data/always setting up. the connection to my iphone 5s always takes 2-3+ minutes (followed every step in the manual etc), and even skipping track to track seems to freeze the screen and laaaaagggggs about 3-4 seconds (yes, i timed it(freak)). just wondering if this is something i should take up with the dealer when i go this weekend. i've used plenty of bluetooth audio devices before, never seen anything this laaaaaggy. the question everyone will prol hate me for asking: are most of the folks here running 87 or 91? when i was leaving the dealership i was told by Wayne Mazda, NJ - to run PREMIUM for "best fuel economy and engine health". i get home and surprise surprise the manual clearly says 87. so i turn to the interwebs and it seems to be an ongoing conflict.

anwyay enough of my mumbles. thanks so much!

happy driving! -mitch

Attachments

• IMG_6773.JPG
    IMG_6773.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 91
87 is the way to go. I've been running what the manufacture recomemded since new and now at ~ 10,000 miles. I can't address blue touth issues since I really only use it for the phone features. Ed

Lots of issues with the infotainment system on the CX-5 Mitch. I'll let others who are more frustrated than I fill you in. As for octane rating of gas. Mazda uses a 13:1 compression ratio on all US model SkyActiv engines specifically so they do not require premium fuel. Other markets get a higher (14:1) CR, produce about 10 more HP and DO REQUIRE premium fuel. (this is the case with the 2.0 l and I believe also with the 2.5l). Net/net: you absolutely/positively do not need to use premium fuel in a US market CX-5. End of story!

wow thanks for the quick reply guys! looks like 87 it is, just curious to why they pushed me premium at the dealership. i'm heading there again this week, going to see if they try to push that again and why? and faaaaaq about the bluetooth, i was hoping they can do some quick reset/software update...it such a drag setting it up EVERY TIME, it almost makes it unusable -__-

The only reason to go to 91 is if your engine "knocks" on 87, and it shouldn't knock using 87.

The only reason to go to 91 is if your engine "knocks" on 87, and it shouldn't knock using 87.

I'm SO shocked the dealer is IGNORANT....not LOL. but one would think they would want to advertise a less costly fuel?

You gonna believe one car salesmen or entire engineering staff of Mazda? Go with 87 octane and save your money. Heck, here in Colorado I run 85 octane, due to altitude with zero knock problems. Now if I were in AZ in the summer at 120 degrees, and I was towing a trailer, I might buy a tank of 91 octane.

The infotainment gets a lot of criticism for its USB and problems with ipod/iphones. The bluetooth works pretty good, but if you have gigs of music, it could slow it down. Try lowering your song count on your phone to and see if it speeds up. The CD and digital FM work flawless.

Congrats!

I'm SO shocked the dealer is IGNORANT....not LOL. but one would think they would want to advertise a less costly fuel?

What department was the ignorant employee in? A salesperson? Yes, you would think they recommend the fuel that Mazda recommends for the CX-5.

Latest posts

Back