Scraped My New CX-5 :( :( :(

kengima

:
2014 CX-5
Barely 3 months, and I did the unthinkable!

Backed the car in the basement car park, carefully paying attention to avoid the car on the left, only to scrape the rear 3/4 and a bit of the bumper on the right! Such a careful driver normally, I couldn't even blame the wife or the dog. Sooo Pizzed at myself!!

IMAG1192[1].jpg

Does anyone know of any temporary fixes?? I can't stand the look, and a little bit worried it might encourage rust. Anything I can get from an auto shop to hide it a bit, and perhaps seal the surface?

Can they re-spray/repair just the damaged panels and match the rest of the car, or will they have to re-spray the whole body?!

Members in Sydney/Australia, any idea how much it might cost to re-spray/repair?

Thanks!

A competent body shop will be able to paint that and blend with no problem. I had a lot worse on my previous Ford Focus which had a grey metallic paint job..and the body shop blended the paint perfectly. The plastic trim around the wheel may have to be replaced though.

The key is to find a good body shop. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Don't cheap out...find a local place with high reviews.

This what happened to mine less than 6 months of owning it. Sucks when you park downtown and come out to find this.

A competent body shop will be able to paint that and blend with no problem. I had a lot worse on my previous Ford Focus which had a grey metallic paint job..and the body shop blended the paint perfectly. The plastic trim around the wheel may have to be replaced though.

The key is to find a good body shop. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Don't cheap out...find a local place with high reviews.

Any Mica is equally has hard if not harder to blend than a meticallic. Especially the 3 stage Micas.

I had my Black Mica hit (and run) at the front passenger door over night when I decided to park it on the street instead of the driveway (had to move some stuff). Granted it was only the door skin that was damaged; the entire door was replaced and repainted. Rear door and front fender was blended. It was a perfect match but I went to one of the most prestigious and reputable shop in the tri-state more than an hour drive from my house. They are one of the 3 in the country to be certified to repair Aston Martins and McLarens. They are one of the few certified for Tesla and Porsche as well. Unfortunately, the price was quite hefty at $3400 including a $500 deductible. It didn't matter, I wanted it to be done right if I'm going to have it repaired.

Look for reputable shops. They matter.

10426768_10152363724251551_4529340545213721997_n.jpg

10599127_10152432447266551_3097845779766192322_n.jpg

I feel your pain...although mine is just a small OC nnoyance. It appears a sharp rock put a pin point size chip in my clear bra right on the upper black part of front grill. It appears grille wasn't damaged so in theory a quick replacement of that clear bra strip would fix it.

We had this on BOTH sides of our Camry Hybrid - metallic grey. No metal deformation, just scrapes on both sides. We don't know when/how it happened but the wife had it at her workplace which was a retail store w/large parking lot. After nearly 2 years we finally put in a claim (2 separate deductables). An ABRA shop did the repairs and, aside from a drip on the rear bumper, they did a pretty good job at matching with the OEM paint.

I already found a long green line on my door (2 weeks old), like some idiot opened hit, and kept opening the door into mine. luckily I was able to wipe it off, leaving a very faint grey line.

I used to work as a detail tech, something like that can easily be compounded and waxed w a buffer to eliminate most of the visual damage. You can easily do it yourself as long as you have the polishing machine, if not try and get a quote at a local shop, it shouldn't cost much and it will only take 10 minutes or less

I had a similar level of damage on the front left bumper/fender area near the fog lights from my wife backing into my car and it cost about $800 at a local body shop to fix. I can't tell the difference. Even the plastic trim was scraped and they were able to buff that out so you really can't tell.

Back