New CX5 owners

Bob J

:
2015 mazda CX5 Grand Touring, Soul Red All Wheel Drive
Hello everyone this is my first post to the forum. Three weeks ago we bought my wife and I a new 2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring model. About the only option we added on is the Soul Red paint, my wife loved the color so I did not have much choice. After last winter here in Indiana I wanted her to have the all wheel drive since she will be driving it to work during the week. So far we have put about 800 miles on it and everything seems to be working fine. I do have one question, the exhaust note is kind of strange like a motorboat, is this normal?
Thank you for putting together a great forum, I hope to learn a lot from it, and contribute when I gain some more knowledge.

Bob J

Hi Bob:

I have a 2015 CX-5 AWD Touring. The exhaust note on mine is pretty throaty as well, and, I like it. The 2.5 engine in these things is pretty high output, and, according to what I read on Mazda's website, equipped with a header. That'll make the exhaust noise a bit more noticeable.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Welcome. IMHO that is the best color for the CX-5 and your wife has impeccable taste. I believe they tuned the exhaust to be sporty.

Thank you for the replys and the welcome. I hope it performs well in the snow, I am thinking that I might have to add snow tires if we get much snow this winter.
Bob J

Hi everyone,

Just got my AWD sport a couple of weeks ago and I love every inch of this car. I just wanna thank everyone, all the feedback and comments here helped seal the deal for me.

3f2f720177390d88cd7c7959f1d3ebe5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the light without the orange reflector. I had my light off, but after I removed the screws, I decided I didn't want to deal with the mess of melting the rubber sealant and re-sealing it.

Hi Everybody!

I just bought my first Mazda: a 2015 CX-5 Touring FWD!
It's Crystal White Pearl with a Sand interior and I just had to have the Bose/Moonroof package.

I did many months of research and it came down to either this car or the Subaru Forrester.
I chose the CX-5 because the dealer could get me the color combo I wanted for the price I was willing to spend and the financing the dealership offered.
Also, the one thing that held me back on the Subi was the AWD thing. I don't really need AWD here in NorCal and I the last thing I want to do is have to replace 4 tires if something goes wrong with one.

I think I made a very good choice and so far I am really happy with my purchase.
My previous car was a 2008 Scion xB and I do miss the maneuverability of it. I'm not used to such a big car. But other than that, I'm pretty happy.

I found this forum because I had a question about resetting the tire pressure warning light. It has been answered - assuming the 2015 has a reset thingy on the dash.
I realized the CX-5 lacks ambient light, so I'll poke around and see what folks have added after market. I was sort of shocked to learn the glove box didn't have a light. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to all of us growing older together. If all goes well, I would like to keep my car for a really, really, really long time.

See you on the boards!

Hi Everybody!

I just bought my first Mazda: a 2015 CX-5 Touring FWD!
It's Crystal White Pearl with a Sand interior and I just had to have the Bose/Moonroof package.

I did many months of research and it came down to either this car or the Subaru Forrester.
I chose the CX-5 because the dealer could get me the color combo I wanted for the price I was willing to spend and the financing the dealership offered.
Also, the one thing that held me back on the Subi was the AWD thing. I don't really need AWD here in NorCal and I the last thing I want to do is have to replace 4 tires if something goes wrong with one.

I think I made a very good choice and so far I am really happy with my purchase.

See you on the boards!

Congrats! You may have re-register after your first post. CX-5 virgin no more. :)

Ive been looking into the CX5 but was wondering if it would need special maintenance since it has the skyactiv engine? Could I take it anywhere to have maintenance done or should i only take it to a mazda dealership?

Ive been looking into the CX5 but was wondering if it would need special maintenance since it has the skyactiv engine? Could I take it anywhere to have maintenance done or should i only take it to a mazda dealership?

The only thing I've seen that could be considered "special" is because of the high compression, it's recommended to use Full-Synthetic oil, which isn't a biggy. I use full-syn anyways just because these modern engines go over 5,000 miles between oil changes, so, I feel better with a full-syn that shouldn't break down as easily as conventional oil that's from the old change every 3,000 miles days.

Hey Guys, Just picked up my new Mazda Cx-5 Last Saturday, Sport Model, Thought about it long and hard, but decided against the touring as didn't want leather seats, We really only wanted the BOSE surround..! Wished they had made it an optional add on for the sport..! :) So Far loving my Mazda. ! its my Third..! Having moved from a 03 - Protege, an 11 Mazda 3 hatch, and now the CX-5 !!

xzszap.jpg

Hello Guys! Newbie here from UAE and just got my Mazda CX-5 GTX (well that's what they called it here). GTX is their full option but sadly some minor features are not available like the central lock switch in the driver and passenger side, no i-stop feature, no navigation :( But overall I'm loving it! Looking forward to learn everything about this car here in Mazdas247.

Cheers,

Mark

Kenjie1stday.jpg

Hello fellow CX-5ers. My wife and I just got a CPO off-lease 2014 CX-5 Touring FWD with the Bose/Moonroof & Tech package. 11K miles, Meteor Gray with black interior.

They didn't budge much on price - it was listed at $25,990 NOT counting doc fees which they claimed were about $600.
I bargained them down to Out The Door for $25,250, including the dealer "doc fees". How do you think we did, price wise? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back