Automatic wipers fail after windshield replacement

Tundraroamer

:
2014 CX-5 GT
Just thought I would start this thread and then follow up on as it develops next week.

I had the windshield replaced this week. First rain found that the automatic wipers no longer work. Went back to dealer today (cheaper than local glass shops-surprise!) and am now told the installer messed up the electronics. Found out that Speedy Auto Glass did the actual install of a factory Mazda windshield.

Anybody have this issue? What was the fix?

Did they bend or break the cables that goto the rain sensor when they swapped out windshield? That would be the only thing they could mess up swapping windshield.

It sounds like your installer needs to pay to have this fixed. I haven't seen a similar thread.

The fix is to have the dealer fix it. He is responsible since he hired the people to install the glass. NO shared responsibility acceptable or each will argue it is the others fault. Ed

I had the window replaced on my 2009 Sportage a few months back. And the windshields are specific if they have rain sensing sensors or not. I bet they ordered the wrong windshield..

The fix is to have the dealer fix it. He is responsible since he hired the people to install the glass. NO shared responsibility acceptable or each will argue it is the others fault. Ed

Sorry...you are right... I totally missed that somehow. I thought he had it fixed somewhere outside of the dealership.

Finally got it repaired last week. The 3 week delay was partially for parts but was really all about the dealer arguing with Speedy Auto Glass who did the actual install at the dealers shop. I was told Speedy finally agreed to make the repair and pay for the parts. The deal then allegedly fired them because what they did to their customer. That is what I was told anyway. The rain sensor worked but it took us a week to confirm that the auto brake sensor was also working. It's hard to drive into something on purpose just to test it! Lessoned learned. have the dealer replace the glass. It was $300 less than what Speedy had quoted me anyway!

Latest posts

Back