license plate install on front?

greenjean

:
Mazda, CX-5, Touring, Soul Red
i am not completely sure how to attach a missouri plate on the front of my cx-5. there are 4 'punch' markings on the metal part of the bumper in front, i assume i screw the plate directly into 2 of the punch marks? detailed instructions will be appreciated.

Detailed instructions? You just run a couple of appropriately sized all purpose cad-plated screws through the plate holes and into whichever punch marks line up with them!

cadmium (shiny sliver) at Home Depot, etc. All-purpose looks like wood screw, but a slightly different thread pitch. Wood screw will work just as well.

Lucky you, mine came from the dealer already with screws in. I'd prefer to not mar the front with a plate (I'll take the risk)

Been driving in Calif for 50 years and never used a front plate (although legally it's required). Mine came with frame mounted by dealer also. I got a couple of small black ABS plugs from hardware store, plugged them in and painted them body color w/Mazda touch-up paint. Looks decent; about as good as one can expect.

Back