Honda CRV Head Rest fit the CX-5 ??? !!!

:
CX-5
I have re read my post and it's not really clear.
What I have meant is, that you may need the CRVs rear headrest in the CX5 for better visibility. They fit in the CX5.

What? Wait a minute. What year? Is it a perfect fit or are some mods required? This is big.

That depends on how big a deal matching upholstery is to you. For me it is almost a non issue. I would probably buy a couple in a contrasting color and be OK with it.

I find it interesting that some on this forum think nothing maters but handling and engine/ suspension/ transmission tuning, and others are all about LED license plat and tail lights. I am OK with that but I don't share both passions I want head rests back there for safety but I don't want them blocking my view.

Well there have been enough threads here dealing with the headrest issue that I think it's safe to say you're not alone. I share your pain. The rear headrests Mazda uses for US market CX-5s are atrocious. (And the fronts aren't much better!) Me I just took them out completely, but I don't carry passengers that often. I'm surprised more here have not checked out the rear headrests on the current gen Mazda 3. I tried one on for size quickly when I was at a dealer a couple of months ago and it seemed to fit pretty well. They're no doubt not cheap, but at least they will be available through Mazda US and the upholstery will match. No doubt one of the online dealer parts houses will offer a discount.

That depends on how big a deal matching upholstery is to you. For me it is almost a non issue. I would probably buy a couple in a contrasting color and be OK with it.

I find it interesting that some on this forum think nothing maters but handling and engine/ suspension/ transmission tuning, and others are all about LED license plat and tail lights. I am OK with that but I don't share both passions I want head rests back there for safety but I don't want them blocking my view.

It is dangerous to swap head rests from another brand.
The CX-5 head rests were designed and crash tested to insure they work properly.

It is dangerous to swap head rests from another brand.
The CX-5 head rests were designed and crash tested to insure they work properly.

I think it would probably work better then the one I left in the garage because I couldn't see past it.

OK it fits, but it sticks out a bit.
20140915_162405.jpg20140915_162511.jpg20140915_162454.jpg

Fendyman sells the CX5 short version from Japan from time to time and they are often on eBay. Not cheap but made for our CUVs.

I know that, but not everybody is willing to pay that much for these headrest and we are looking for cheaper alternatives.

You know, I called up a Mazda dealer in Europe to see if I could get the euro-headrests from them/there, and he quoted me a price of 83 Euro per piece, which is about $110. And since they weren't shipping for free, the price Fendyman offers is actually pretty decent.

His are about $25 cheaper then eBay and less then the dealers. I ordered a set of tan headrests yesterday from him.

Back