Corksport Interior LED Kit

671CX5

:
Mazda CX-5 GT AWD, Mazda 3 2.3
Interested in getting a set but read of the problems on the trunk led. I have a 2015 CX-5 Grand Touring; anyone has these on the same year and trim level? A review would help. Thank you.

I think if you unplug the rear switch connector and the room fuse there aren't any issues.

It must somehow be easy to create a ground/short situation when replacing the cargo lamp bulb.

I have them in my 14 GT and havent had any problems over the past 1 year. I also installed them in my wifes new 6 and she hasnt had any problems either. im a fan of corksport interior leds! My review is that they plug in, light up and shine bright!!!

Last edited:
i3NNY, did you have to unplug the rear switch connector and room fuse when you installed yours?

Kedis82ZE8, do you also have this kit installed?

i3NNY, did you have to unplug the rear switch connector and room fuse when you installed yours?

Kedis82ZE8, do you also have this kit installed?

No. I don't have the kit installed. I am considering though...

The Owner's Manual is pretty clear about unplugging it.

On page 6-48 it says:
"Caution: When replacing the bulb always disconnect the connector first. Otherwise, electric and electronic devices could be shorted."

It's interesting that they have to be so explicit about this... something in that design requires this.

TSB: 09-023/12

2013 CX-5 - CARGO COMPARTMENT LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT CAUTION

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 09-023/12 issued 06/08/12. The DESCRIPTION and REPAIR PROCEDURE have been revised.

Changes are noted below in Red.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013 CX-5

DESCRIPTION

When replacing the light bulb in the cargo compartment, the battery power must first be interrupted to avoid damaging the rear body control module (RBCM).

CAUTION:

TO AVOID DAMAGING THE RBCM DURING CARGO COMPARTMENT LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT, ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE OR THE CARGO LIGHT CONNECTOR.

IF THE RBCM IS DAMAGED, IT WILL REQUIRE REPLACEMENT.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify customer concern.
2. Disconnect either the negative battery cable or the cargo light connector.
CAUTION:

TO AVOID DAMAGING THE RBCM DURING CARGO COMPARTMENT LIGHT BULB REPLACEMENT, ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE OR THE CARGO LIGHT CONNECTOR.

If the bulb is removed (by hand or with a screwdriver) and battery power is still supplied to the cargo compartment light, the metal end of the bulb could cause a short circuit (C) between the negative (A) and positive (B) electrodes (as shown below). If this occurs, the RBCM will be damaged and will require replacement.

3. Replace the light bulb with a new one.
4. Re-connect the negative battery cable or the cargo light connector.
5. Verify repair.
NOTE: RBCM replacement will not be covered under warranty.

no, i didnt disconnect anything prior to replacing the bulbs... im pretty sure i wasnt aware of any concerns or tsbs at the time.

Thanks guys! Will purchase a kit and let you guys know how it went. i3enny, you are very lucky not getting a problem on it! :)

Anyone experience this?

"Note: In some instances, the Cx-5 has leaked enough voltage to light the trunk LED all of the time. Please check yours upon installation. If this is occurring, we recommend you either remove the bulb or ignore the light."

Anyone experience this?

"Note: In some instances, the Cx-5 has leaked enough voltage to light the trunk LED all of the time. Please check yours upon installation. If this is occurring, we recommend you either remove the bulb or ignore the light."

Negative. I swapped out all my interior/exterior bulbs with VLEDS. Did not disconnect the battery before changing the rear cargo compartment bulb. The panel is all plastic so I'm not sure what the risk for shorting it out is. There is a plastic detent in the lamp housing which doesn't always spring back to hold the assembly securely. I pried it out a bit and it holds fine now.

All my LEDs are 6K except for the 5K fogs which match up very well with the 4.3K HID headlights. The VLED Triton bulbs are awesome!

I'm taking a shot with this kit from "checkitauto" only 6 amazon reviews for the cx-5 kit but all 5 stars and say a very worth while purchase.

Mazda CX-5 LED Package Interior + Tag + Reverse Lights (9 pieces) $20.99 plus 5$ shipping to canada :)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Will post pictures and review once i get them and install.

Negative. I swapped out all my interior/exterior bulbs with VLEDS. Did not disconnect the battery before changing the rear cargo compartment bulb. The panel is all plastic so I'm not sure what the risk for shorting it out is. There is a plastic detent in the lamp housing which doesn't always spring back to hold the assembly securely. I pried it out a bit and it holds fine now.

All my LEDs are 6K except for the 5K fogs which match up very well with the 4.3K HID headlights. The VLED Triton bulbs are awesome!

Which bulbs did you get to replace the DRLs and Fog lights?

I'm taking a shot with this kit from "checkitauto" only 6 amazon reviews for the cx-5 kit but all 5 stars and say a very worth while purchase.

Mazda CX-5 LED Package Interior + Tag + Reverse Lights (9 pieces) $20.99 plus 5$ shipping to canada :)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Will post pictures and review once i get them and install.

For what it's worth, I installed this kit from this seller. All the LEDs worked just fine, installation obviously was very easy. I did disconnect the cargo light just because it was recommended in the manual. Not sure why that seems to be a big deal for some people - it's just a regular electrical connector. Disconnects by hand.

Anyway, not a huge upgrade or anything, but it's cheap and I like the light a LOT better.

I just disconnect the room fuse when doing any of that. It's possible to short circuit by simple pushing the light assembly against the roof.

Back