2015 CX-5 drips water onto carpet and leather seats when front door opens

Choppar4

:
2015 CX-5 i Touring
Hi All,
New Owner of a 2015 CX-5 and just noticed a rather annoying design feature of the front doors. As it was raining today and the car was recently waxed at the dealership, water was pooling up like it normally does on the flatter surfaces of the roof. However when I opened the driver side door and water started to roll down from the roof as it was still raining, I noticed that all the water was falling on the step, carpet and my leather seats... WTH?? There is no trim or rubber strip on the body side around the door frame so the water just drips straight down... I can't believe that this wasn't considered when they designed the car.. Anyone else have this issue and what has anyone done to address it?

Thanks

I haven't seen this so far...we have had a relatively hot and dry summer in Seattle area. If it is an issue we should see it soon enough in a month or two.

Well most of the water is channeled down the pillars and doors via the weather stripping. I do get some (and only some) drips from the top of the a pillar when I open the door in heavy constant rain.

The aerodynamic design and lack of rain gutters on modern vehicles causes this issue on many with some worse than others.

I've noticed that you can't really have the window cracked if it's raining because right at the top water will basically funnel right into the car.

I have been seeing this more now that the rainy season is here in Seattle. Are folks seeing this issue as well. I see a few have but wondering if it is more hit or miss. I also park on an incline with the front of the car above the rear and wonder if that plays a role.

I haven't see it in mine but I am normally parking in flat spots and the CX-5 normally stays in the garage at my house.

Back