Hatch won't lock with FOB

countrymice

:
Miata and CX-5
Recently bought a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD 2.5L. I can't get the hatch to lock when I push lock on my fob. All the rest of the doors will lock but not the hatch. The hatch, as the rest of the doors lock automatically when I start the engine. I have stood more than 20' when I attempt the lock. I have stood at the left front of the windshield and attempted to lock. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I've configured all the locking sequences 1 thru 5 with no change to the problem.

Recently bought a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD 2.5L. I can't get the hatch to lock when I push lock on my fob. All the rest of the doors will lock but not the hatch. The hatch, as the rest of the doors lock automatically when I start the engine. I have stood more than 20' when I attempt the lock. I have stood at the left front of the windshield and attempted to lock. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I've configured all the locking sequences 1 thru 5 with no change to the problem.

Hello. First off you're in the wrong forum. This forum is for Mazda5 minivan not the CX-5 Crossover. Secondly, I also own a CX-5, so I don't know if you know but since you have a GT just like me it came with the smart key system. If you are standing anywhere near the hatch as to open it while they key is with you or near you. It will always open when you press the latch release button. If the key is not near the hatch area the tailgate will not release thus being locked. If this is not the case. I'd say take it to Mazda to have it checked you should be under warranty.

Why do you think it hasn't locked?

As Davicho said, if you have smartkey in the pocket, your hatch should ALWAYS open when you hit the button. Try locking the door and leaving the key in the house and hitting that button. Bet you can't open it. :)

Why do you think it hasn't locked?

As Davicho said, if you have smartkey in the pocket, your hatch should ALWAYS open when you hit the button. Try locking the door and leaving the key in the house and hitting that button. Bet you can't open it. :)

+1

Back