How to get a confirmation that my car is locked without the keys

somstein

:
2015 Mazda CX5 AWD
i have changed the settings on my cx5 touring to auto lock mode. So i was wondering if there will a loud sound when i walk away with my keys.
I am lazy enoughf to take the take the keys and click lock to hear that horn sound. I thought that it will give a horn if it is in the auto lock mode. The reason why i was asking is, yesterday my trunk was not closed properly and i walked away thinking that it will lock automatically. After that i presed the lock button a little far and i did not hear the horn. So i have to go back again to check which door was open.

Anyone tried this? or any help?

I use the auto lock feature. I also selected to have a loud beep when the car locks as I walk away. You can select what volume the beep will be at. Maybe yours is set to off or low.

When it is ready for auto lock, it will beep once when you close the door. As you walk pass the 4-5 radius of the car with the fob, it will beep again to lock. Of course the lock beep volume has to be set to a noticeable volume.

The back door recognized the fob in your pocket, the door can be opened. Lock your car, Try it without having the fob within ten feet of the back door, the back door will be locked��

I assume this auto lock feature is on newer models? I have a 2014, the only auto lock features I found were when driving, either shifting out of park, or auto unlock when the ignition is off, etc.

I assume this auto lock feature is on newer models? I have a 2014, the only auto lock features I found were when driving, either shifting out of park, or auto unlock when the ignition is off, etc.

I have a 2014 GT w/ Tech as well and use the smart auto walk-away lock. It should be in the settings.

Very odd, maybe its only on GT models? I'll take a pic tonight of where it seems like this option should be. I looked again this morning and didn't find any smart auto lock feature.

Or its tied to the keyless entry, which I don't have.

Back