will be Mazda owner

cowboycove

:
cx5
Hi all. I'm looking to buy a base model and want your Input on sale price. I read a lot of the 100+ pages I found but most people on there bought higher models. Anyone here got a 2015 2.0 fwd or awd? I saw a lot got 2000-2500 off msrp. I'm trying to figure out what to expect so the dealer doesn't say f you. I emailed 2 local dealers saying I wanted 2500 under msrp. No response so far even though its only been 3 hours. I know most say out the door price doesn't matter so if you can post your sale agreement price and out the door price. Also any current rebates going on or incentives? And thanks in advance. Glad to be part of the Mazda forum.

Last edited:
Just got a quote of 2000 off msrp 2015 base model. 23,775 msrp sale price 21728 otd 24118. They have 80 doc fee 8.75 tire fee. 29 electronic DMV fee. 8% tax is 1738.24 so that leaves 651.76 unknown. I assume vehicle registration around 350-400.? Destination fee in also included in the otd price.

Earlier this year at the end of May, we bought a 2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD 2.0L with automatic transmission for about $1500 below MSRP (destination or delivery/processing/handling fee of $830.00 was included in the MSRP). Our additional dealer fees were as follows: $7.50 NJ tire tax, $276.00 registration/title fees, and $399.00 documentary fees. Before you commit to placing an order, I would get an itemization of all of the additional dealer fees (including sales tax) so that you can see the buildup of the out-the-door price. Nonetheless, it looks like you have a good quote.

Best to talk in terms of MSRP since every state has different fees added on. Easiest way is go on Autotrader.com and search your state for dealers offering big discounts off MSRP, print them out, and take them to your local dealer and ask for price matching. Leaves him no room to argue. The higher end models seem to get bigger discounts. I got $1700 off MSRP in Jan. on a 2014 Touring /w Bose for $24999. The 2.5L is much easier to live with than the 2.0L and small MPG penalty. Personally, I couldn't drive the low powered 2.0L for long without selling it.

BTW, a couple of days before end of month is best time to ask cause they must meet their monthly quotas.

Last edited:
Purchased my 2015 CX-5 Touring FWD (Meteor Gray) over July 4th Weekend in Southern California. Here's my breakdown for those of you hunting for invoices.

MSRP: $25,850 (base + $55 wheel locks + 830 Destination Fee)
Price: $23,898
DOC: $80
8% Tax: $1918.24
DMV: $256
CA Tire Fee: $8.75
E-Reg: $29.00
-----------------------
OTD: $26,189
10K Down, 60-month payments at 0% APR
+ $500 Loyalty Rebate - currently processing

Effective Price Paid: $25,689
Price before taxes: $23,389
I found this post yesterday. I'm trying to shoot for this same deal locally. If I can't get it I'll go to riverside where the op got the deal. Hopefully I can get this deal since his was done in 4th if July. I also requested free cargo mat/net to cover the doc fees. Let's see how it goes.

When we purchased our CX5, we did the normal price shopping that most people do. But also we got them to throw in a remote start, 3M film protection, cargo cover, all weather mats, and rear cargo mat. Oh, even a paint pen and a few free oil changes. If they can't (or won't) move on the price, these extras add up really fast, so maybe another angle to look at. They seem to have room to move on all these products.
For us it worked really well, since I was going to purchase all this stuff anyways.

Last edited:
Got my stealer to accept the worse deal I'd accept, which was approx $1,500 lower than their first offer, which I still had to fight for(somewhat). According to TrueCar.com, I probably should have fought for another $300 off, and according to KBB, I got at least $700 too little on my trade. Did get them to include Class-I hitch(for bike rack) and cargo cover to keep things out of site back there. Then the salesman has the nerve to still emphasize that they really want to get ALL TENS on the satisfaction survey, because they get chewed out if they get anything less than a 10. Ummmm, dude, you didn't do me any favors, I had to fight for a mediocre deal, why should I do you any favors?!?!?!?!?! Still haven't seen the survey, but, I plan to answer each question honestly, which may not be a 10.

It looks like no dealer will touch the above quoted sale price. They said no way. The best quote I have so far from tons of back and firth emailing is browning Mazda in cerritos ca 26845. Tuttle Mazda if Irvine ca 26712. This is for 2015 touring + roof rack. 0 Apr. Huntington beach may not get near it because they are very slow to respond to my emails. Keep asking for proof of these other quotes. Browning is very cocky. I received 4 total emails from one of their reps saying "no one beats our prices". Even though the first email from Tuttle beat them. Vs the 15th email with browning. I was trying to avoid browning since they have bad yelp reviews but they have been the most aggressive with contacting me. Which helps me get a better price with other dealers.

It looks like no dealer will touch the above quoted sale price. They said no way. The best quote I have so far from tons of back and firth emailing is browning Mazda in cerritos ca 26845. Tuttle Mazda if Irvine ca 26712. This is for 2015 touring + roof rack. 0 Apr. Huntington beach may not get near it because they are very slow to respond to my emails. Keep asking for proof of these other quotes. Browning is very cocky. I received 4 total emails from one of their reps saying "no one beats our prices". Even though the first email from Tuttle beat them. Vs the 15th email with browning. I was trying to avoid browning since they have bad yelp reviews but they have been the most aggressive with contacting me. Which helps me get a better price with other dealers.

Just for reference, the earlier quoted price was pretty much exactly what I got for a '15 Touring in June of this year, give or take $100 and sans the loyalty money. It may be that the CX-5 is selling so well that dealers are getting less willing to move on their pricing. I was sort of surprised that they would negotiate on the car I got, since it was literally days off the boat and one of the first '15s they got in stock.

You might try dealers further out who can't rely on large volume of customers and so won't budge much. Got a good deal once on a new car that way. Try Barstow or Bakersfield ... a few days before the end of the month.

Cowboycove, I got a '15 grand touring for $26k before taxes and fees. 28k OTD.

Where are you in CA? I bought mine from Temecula Mazda.

You might try dealers further out who can't rely on large volume of customers and so won't budge much. Got a good deal once on a new car that way. Try Barstow or Bakersfield ... a few days before the end of the month.
I know I should've waited until the end if the month to get a slightly better deal. But I sold my car last night. So I have a week or so to buy. Only problem with going far is if they don't budge I'll end up wasting gas and a lot of time. But I'll definitely try to email for a price first.
Cowboycove, I got a '15 grand touring for $26k before taxes and fees. 28k OTD.

Where are you in CA? I bought mine from Temecula Mazda.
That's definitely sounds like a good deal. I think they tend to give more slack on higher models. I read that someone got a touring awd and Bose system for 27300. Which is only 500 more then my current quote. I am in orange county.
No hassling, just asked for their best price

Ive been asking for the best price and have been showing it to the next dealer hoping for a drop. Most will not drop at all from the original quote. But the only reason why I am bargaining is because of a few post of recent steals. That above socal buy for a touring 26189 and a riverside purchase of touring with roof rack +pearl 26500. I tried my best to get 26500. My non pearl should be equivalent to his at 26300 =/.

My best quote was 26700 for touring and roof rack. He wouldn't even throw in the cargo mat and net free. 95$ thats how strict they are. The other 2 dealers just stopped responding after I gave them that quote I got.

Or, in my case, literally the last day of the month. They were hungry to make the sale that day.

No hassling, just asked for their best price

I got another $1,500 off my salesman's first "best price" offer. You have to be willing to say "No" and walk out. Or, at least start to walk out, but, don't walk out too fast. Go slow enough that they can catch you :)

I still think, according to Truecar.com and kbb.com, I paid as much as $1,000 too much. But, it was a 2015, and they had lots of 2014s still on the lot.

It looks like Tuttle Mazda in Irvine quoted me 26500 out the door for a 2015 touring . Huntington beach said they're currently 1000 over that price so I said thank you. Tustin Mazda said they don't know how Tuttle is taking such a big loss. And hopefully the quoted price stands when I come in(tonight). And browning Mazda of cerritos were cocky and said NO ONE beats their prices, no one. They quoted me 26848 with roof rack. So they are 148$ above tuttle. I will add a rood rack to my 26500 and get pearl. So I'm expecting to be at about 26900 or so.

Oh yeah. This is with 0 Apr as well. And no incentives. I am putting down 8000. If they run my credit and say I am not eligible for 0 Apr I'll just walk out. With 8000 down credit shouldn't be an issue I don't think.

I just picked up my 2015 CX-5 Touring with the Moon Roof and Tech packages (did not really want the Moon Roof upgrade, but since you can't get the Tech package without it... oh well) this week. Price was $26,483, plus I got some accessories (wheel locks $55, cargo mat $60, cargo cover $200, door sill trim $124) at MSRP instead of dealer invoice ($90 difference) for which they adjusted the value of my trade-in by $100 (left pocket, right pocket...). Also upgraded my seats to leather (Katzkin) for $895.

Add $60 "dealer inventory tax" (not a real tax), $64 for license fee, $62 for inspection & Title and $125 for the "document fee" (again, rip-off), plus sales tax of $1,740 (if I take out the tax shield from the trade-in). No separate destination fee. So the "clean" OTD price would be $29,865.

I thought it was a decent deal.

Last edited:
Riverside Mazda wouldn't budge on the price for me either, that's why I went with Temecula Mazda. I took the new quote to Riverside Mazda and they said "let us know if it falls through" aka they couldn't even match it.

Back