No rear hatch open button on remote?

All you have to do is have the fob on your person and walk up to the hatch and open it, or press the unlock button on the fob twice and it will unlock with all the doors.

Last edited:
All you have to do is have the fob on your person and walk up to the hatch and open it, or pres the unlock button on the fob twice and it will unlock with all the doors.

True but still should have a button that will unlock and pop up the hatch so you can just lift the door.Most vehicles with a remote fob have that feature.

Last edited:
True but still should have a button that will unlock and pop up the hatch so you can just lift the door.Most vehicles with a remote fob have that feature.

Not necessary, all you have to do is have the fob in your pocket, walk up to the rear end and open the hatch as you normally would (i.e. press that large rectangular button). The sensor will know you have a fob and you can open the hatch without pressing anything on the key fob or the little round button on the side doors. Try this yourself (when the car is armed), with and without the fob, and you will know what I meant.

^ This... And when you close the rear hatch, the car will remain locked if it was locked in the first place. No point in having that hatch release button on the FOB. No point in having this in the how-to section either.

That was a nice feature on the RAV-4 & RDX I looked at but I am fine with it being more or less manual. One less thing to break in 10 years.

Sure, but at least as an option, for people such as my wife, who is short and has bad shoulders so she can't reach far over her head and has little strength to push or pull.

Sure, but at least as an option, for people such as my wife, who is short and has bad shoulders so she can't reach far over her head and has little strength to push or pull.

I understand. Any of the international versions have this option? I see various differences around the world. I've seen these options listed for Australia models & probably other countries:

• LED lighting on front (not sure if this is OEM)
• memory driver seats
• power passenger seat
• Available front parking sensors
• High Beam Control
• Lane Departure Warning
• ..of course the diesel ;-)

I imagine LDW and HBC might be available here on the '16s.

Back