Winshield Wiper Fluid Goes Quickly

Maineiac

:
CX-5 Touring/2015
The CX-5 is only 3 months old and drinks wiper fluid. No leaks that I can see and living on the coast I have to use it every morning. This didn't happen with the Mazda 6 or any other car I have had. Is anyone else having to fill the reservoir often?

I fill mine every fall. Never run out (but I don't use it every day like you do).

No. Mine gets filled/topped off at every oil change.

The reservoir is pretty big, I filled it recently and used almost a gallon it seemed.

Yeah I bought a gallon of washer fluid and it almost took the entire thing, i was surprised how large it is.
Someone on here got in an accident and posted photos of his CX-5 with the bumper ripped off and the reservoir is HUUUUGE.

The CX-5 is only 3 months old and drinks wiper fluid. No leaks that I can see and living on the coast I have to use it every morning. This didn't happen with the Mazda 6 or any other car I have had. Is anyone else having to fill the reservoir often?

No issues with mine. That being said, is the reservoir cap being placed back correctly? If it is not sitting properly, you could be losing the fluid via evaporation.

Seems normal to me. My last car - 2008 550i would consume an entire gallon and not be full.

Allowed mine to go completely empty just to be rid of the dealership-supplied fluid, which excelled only at smearing dead bugs, regardless of amount sprayed. Reservoir took an entire gallon of RainX orange "2 in 1" and I still couldn't see fluid in the filler neck.

OP, not sure which fluid you're using, but a better quality fluid might let you use less?

I use mine every morning but, only a 1-2 second spray and mine last for many months. The front and rear use the same reservoir.

Here's a pic of bagger07's cx-5 with the bumper off and showing a good view of the washer fluid reservoir.
etupeheb.jpg

Back