Newbie Help Needed!!!

kengima

:
2014 CX-5
I replaced the OEM halogen bulb with LEDs from ebay: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

How do I turn on the position lights? The manual says that it should come on along with the headlights but neither side is lighting up.

Could it be that I haven't inserted them tightly enough into the socket? The OEM bulbs took a bit of a yank to come out. I was scared of pushing the LEDs too hard into the socket as I wasn't sure if I should be touching the LEDs with my bare fingers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Where does the OEM bulb went out ? Out of the position lights in de corner ? That`s T10 or W5W ? In the Netherlands it`s T10.......and that`s not halogen ! It`s a normal bulb........

Last edited:
Yes, the top right or left hand corner next to the indicator lights. The manual says they are a W5W bulb, and I bought a LED version on ebay

I don't know how to turn that light on, so not sure if the LED is faulty or I haven't installed properly

Maybe the polarity is off.Try turning the LED around.

I am also interested in replacing the OEM light bulb as well so how do I remove the OEM light bulb out as I already tried and it was too hard to twist around.
is it compatible with the W5W bulb?

LEDs are polar sensitive, so try to turn them around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also interested in replacing the OEM light bulb as well so how do I remove the OEM light bulb out as I already tried and it was too hard to twist around.
is it compatible with the W5W bulb?

W5W bulbs don't twist. Just pull it out.

Back