Removing Privacy Curtain

NFJimc

:
CX-5
OK...looking at my 2015 CX5 and trying to figure out how (maybe it can't) to remove the privacy curtain? Any other crossover I looked at, the curtain can be easily removed to allow more storage clearance in the rear. IF it can't come out, that's quite a hinderance if you are trying to load anything tall like boxes into the cargo area with the back seats down.

I've looked in the manuals and I swear I read somewhere that if you aren't using the curtain to remove it and store it at home. But I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

Unsnap the shade on the hatch. It rolls back into itself. Then push one of the sides toward the middle and it'll shift out of the slot. It's like a big toilet paper roll holder.

Well mine is not a huge toilet paper holder..lol....it does not push in. The curtain is actually encased in a rectangular holder that appears to be permanently fastened to the sides of the vehicle. I'm taking it in tomorrow to have the remote starter installed so I guess I'll ask them.

NFJimc, that rectangular is part of the privacy curtain assembly. Grab a hold of it, squeeze it, pull it towards the middle of the CX-5, and pull down. It's sort of a tight fit, but it'll release itself from the divot in the rear quarter panel plastic where it was made for.
uvynyset.jpg

I remember it being stiff at first, it does get easier over time though. I put mine in and out pretty often. The felt on the sides is handy so it won't scratch the plastic.

Back