Next years nav in this years model

Warriormonk

:
Cx5
Hi all, noob here and am 95% settled on the cx5 gt. My only hesitation is the nav unit in the tech package. I have read here about people doing after market nav systems but they lose a few features like setting the lights and wipers. I was wondering, what if skipped the tech package, and next year, if they released the the new nav for the 2016 model, got it after market and had that installed. What are people's opinion on how likely it would work in the 2015 and not lose the USB, lights, wipers, etc without all the dyi trouble?

Thanks

Hi all, noob here and am 95% settled on the cx5 gt. My only hesitation is the nav unit in the tech package. I have read here about people doing after market nav systems but they lose a few features like setting the lights and wipers. I was wondering, what if skipped the tech package, and next year, if they released the the new nav for the 2016 model, got it after market and had that installed. What are people's opinion on how likely it would work in the 2015 and not lose the USB, lights, wipers, etc without all the dyi trouble?

Thanks

No one can answer that, until it comes out. They could use the same unit, or they could change it. If they change it, it may not have these features built in, and it may or may not be a plug and play option. Also - if the unit is changed, who is to say the dimensions will stay the same? There are too many variables and what-ifs to make any assumptions

No one can answer that, until it comes out. They could use the same unit, or they could change it. If they change it, it may not have these features built in, and it may or may not be a plug and play option. Also - if the unit is changed, who is to say the dimensions will stay the same? There are too many variables and what-ifs to make any assumptions

Yeah, figured as much, but don't know the history of the company. Thanks though

Yeah, if you look back to past threads & believed the the all rumors, the 2015 was going to have a great new navigation as well as a dozen other "improvements" like a diesel engine. People on here know as much as anyone else. Your guess is as good as ours.

I was quite disappointed it didn't have the Mazda3 style display. The stereo itself is fine but the display quality is abysmal. The rest of the car is great.

If I decide to try and update the head unit myself, do I have to get the nav unit in the GT, or can I skip the tech pack and still be able to update the head unit to a aftermarket one with nav? Would I lose any other features if I did not have the nav unit to start?

Thanks all

Back