tire and thank you

Craig77

:
Mazda 5 sport
Installed Hankook optimo h727 tires on 2012 mazda 5 sport from reading consumer reports best buy for tires. Huge improvement in ride. Wet traction excellent and handling excellent. Noticed a small drop in MPG over the factory tires. I will sacrifice gas mileage for ride and handling. Was able to change rear taillight bulbs from looking through the resources from the mazda forum. Cabin air filter, air filter, and oil change. Also rear wiper blade removal. Thank you all for your time in posting the resources available.
On another note, tires were installed from Discount Tire. It is wise to have a service tech look at your rims and sign off any damages. My case involves perfect rims after tires were installed large scratches on surface of rims. Not to where they would cause rim leaks but major cosmetic damage. This was the first time I have ever had an issue with Discount Tire. Have had purchased 5 other times tires through them for previous vehicles. Luckily they looked up my previous tire purchases through them and exchanged my cosmetically damaged rims for new factory rims without any problems. Still anyone out there purchasing new tires take a picture and have them look at the rims.
Considering K&N air filter. Is it worth the money? Thank you.

How's the road noise with those Hankook? I bought a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus a while back - very loud on rough road surface. Maybe the 17" wheel version is better than my 16". You did it right going for ride and handling. Low rolling resistance or higher tread life isn't worth enduring the discomfort in everyday commute.

almost no road noise at all. mostly wind noise from seals around doors. asked a couple people what to do to minimize wind noise and recommendations were using plain vasoline on all rubber seals. first time applying immediately soaked in and was able to check door seal from residue track marks on the metal parts where the seals make contact. also note that any shop will recommend the best tires they have for any vehicles is what they currently have in stock. you could go to many different places and they will sell you what they each have. like walmart, discount tire, ntb, sears. always spent the time to do the research check out consumer reports or tirerack.com ask around.

Back