Access dash interior?

DustDevil

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
I'm a little embarrassed to admit that my one year anniversary is coming up and I only found the forum a few days ago. Boy, what a wealth of information to be found here! I was wondering if anyone has had their dash out? Went shooting gophers last weekend, and ended up with numerous .22 casings in the vehicle. Unfortunately, a couple of them found their way into the inside of the dash somehow, and now whenever I turn a corner or hit a bump, I can hear them rolling around. How big a job am I looking at? I can hear them on the driver's side, somewhere around the vent to the steering area. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance..

I haven't heard of anyone taking the dash apart yet. I may be doing this is the near future for audio reasons, and I'll report back if someone doesn't do it before me. Generally speaking, dashes aren't very difficult if you're fairly mechanically inclined, it's just all the bolts and hidden bolts, then remembering where they all go. Even I have been guilty of having "extras" left over from time to time ;)

Back