Dash air bag lump

MazSter

:
CX 5
2015 gt
Did a search (limited by tapatalk) Anyway on passenger side above glove box there is a lump on the dash.sort of looks deformed..dealer says this is normal for a cx5. The one they had on showroom floor had this but worse than mine with wrinkles..The 5 others on the lot did not..they said again..mazda claims this is normal

does anybody else have this?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2015 gt
Did a search (limited by tapatalk) Anyway on passenger side above glove box there is a lump on the dash.sort of looks deformed..dealer says this is normal for a cx5. The one they had on showroom floor had this but worse than mine with wrinkles..The 5 others on the lot did not..they said again..mazda claims this is normal

does anybody else have this?

Doctor I have a lump, is that normal?

Same as what you just did..why bother asking an appearance question without a picture to help us help you..we're not in the early 80's anymore.

Btw your description of the problem makes me think your dashboard is growing a testicle..just saying.

Doctor I have a lump, is that normal?

Same as what you just did..why bother asking an appearance question without a picture to help us help you..we're not in the early 80's anymore.

Btw your description of the problem makes me think your dashboard is growing a testicle..just saying.

Turn your head and cough (spank)

why bother asking an appearance question without a picture to help us help you..we're not in the early 80's anymore.
Tapatalk won't let pictures be posted anymore with out signing up for there moneymaking bull s*#!
This is 2014 so where they more interested in profit than services so blame them and get your azz out of the 80s
Sorry but with all the other smart replies here thought I would step down to that level

Last edited:
So what it appears you're talking about (and what no one else here seems to have the ability to imagine) is a deformation of the dashboard covering over the SRS airbag door on the passenger side. Not an uncommon thing in general if you car spent too much time baking in the sun on the dealer's lot or got a substandard dash cover at the factory. On most cars with a passenger side airbag, if you look real close (my CX-5 included) you can see the outline of the airbag door, but it shouldn't be enough to be distracting on a new vehicle and it certainly should not have wrinkles such as you describe on the showroom car. If it's "lumpy" to the extent that it bothers you (and BTW, this has most certainly not been an issue with other owners here, at least not a reported one), I would push the issue and get the regional Mazda rep involved.

Tapatalk won't let pictures be posted anymore with out signing up for there moneymaking bull s*#!
This is 2014 so where they more interested in profit than services so blame them and get your azz out of the 80s
Sorry but with all the other smart replies here thought I would step down to that level

Pictures work fine on my iPhone 5S's Tapatalk app, as seen here
7ypa7y7a.jpg
y4yjytub.jpg

Oh, I see you have a SPH-L720. Android app makes you pay?

Last edited:
Oh, I see you have a SPH-L720. Android app makes you pay?
I paid for tapatalk pro..ad free
They eliminated it and went to free with annoying advertising
I installed an old copy of the paid version and there way of punishment is I can't post pictures

I paid for tapatalk pro..ad free
They eliminated it and went to free with annoying advertising
I installed an old copy of the paid version and there way of punishment is I can't post pictures

So, in summary, they took your money and gave you a product that is the same or worse than what you can get for free?
Btw, iPhone's free app is also ad free.

Go to imgur.com and upload the photo there, copy the direct link and paste it into your post here and we can see what you are talking about.

finally dug my laptop outta the closet and was able to get pics. These are my car, no pictures from the dealership, but as stated the showroom one is worse than mine.... the others on the lot had no lump or whatever ya wanna call it

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Now I don't have to imagine/speculate/guess as to problem, it does not look like mine.

Doesn't look that pronounced to me. I'd certainly think twice before having them tear my dash apart for a minor imperfection.

OMG!

That is a real shocking first world problem.

I don't know how you sleep at night.

Not trying to minimize the seriousness of this problem but I guarantee that if that is resolved you will notice three or four other issues at least as serious.

Last edited:
OMG!

Not trying to minimize the seriousness of this problem but I guarantee that if that is resolved you will notice three or four other issues at least as serious.

If it was your car and no others had it..wouldn't you want it fixed?
I post here just asking if anyone else has this issue. Is it a legitimate beef with the car..I think so. It's a cosmetic defect. In 43 owned vehicles I never had this before.
Do I lose sleep. Not likely.
Would it cause 3 or 4 issues to pull the dash..no, not if one knows what they are doing..I can only assume mazda mechanics are trained.
I'm not trained and have pulled dashes apart for stereos ..never had any problems. Could I pull this dash..sure, but why should I..it's new and under warranty

Doesn't look that pronounced to me. I'd certainly think twice before having them tear my dash apart for a minor imperfection.

Hard to tell with the pictures depending on lighting. .. If you look at 1st picture it runs in a sort of z shape and is about one foot long... again have to see it but not that minor in my opinion

OMG!

That's not necessary. I can tell you that I've taken my wife's new Durango back to the dealership many times for small things such as a missing trailer hitch cover, or a plastic trim on the speedo that had a slight bulge. Coming from a person who had never bought a new car (only used before the Durango) I have an expectation of perfection. Remember, these small things can affect resale value. If I am paying full price (knowing the diminishing value of possession) I'd like to know that I'm not taking a hit on something that I cannot control.

If it was your car and no others had it..wouldn't you want it fixed?
I post here just asking if anyone else has this issue. Is it a legitimate beef with the car..I think so. It's a cosmetic defect. In 43 owned vehicles I never had this before.
Do I lose sleep. Not likely.
Would it cause 3 or 4 issues to pull the dash..no, not if one knows what they are doing..I can only assume mazda mechanics are trained.
I'm not trained and have pulled dashes apart for stereos ..never had any problems. Could I pull this dash..sure, but why should I..it's new and under warranty

I think some of the guys are just breaking your balls. It's your new car, you have to live with it every day. I think what Paris1 said may be correct. The dashboard may have been in extended heat sitting on the lot. It's not like it's a defect on the roof where you can't see it, you will look at the dash every day. I'd go an complain to your dealer and give them "experts" something to do.

Back