Dash light color change.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3,242
It is probably hard on the new cars... Just because most of the instrument cluster lights are most likely solder on or not bulbs that one can easily change. Unlike the old Honda's or other cars (only changed bulbs on Hondas before), it is just plug and play for instrument cluster lights. Not sure about the CX-5

They're all surface mount LED's. LED's soldered onto the board itself. A big project if you do plan on changing the color.

Might be tougher than what I first thought. Surely someone somewhere has done it though?! I just need to find them!!
Good luck, hope you find them, I don't think this community has many modders like say, a Honda Civic or Ford Mustang forum. It's still a relatively new model and, well, a (sporty) CUV (peep).

FWIW I totally agree that the white color is fairly lame. I would prefer the reddish orange of my old Mazda6.

I actually like it, goes well with LED white lighting and seems classy and modern, to me. The orange reminds me of Pontiac....uugh.

^ Yes. I prefer the white lighting of the Mazda3 and Mazda6 for the center console HVAC controls as well.

I don't think, it's much harder to do, then the door switches.
On the MKV VW Rabbit forum, we had a diy for this mod.
The biggest issue is, how to take the speedo out and to find the right SMD LEDs.
You also need SMD soldering skills also.

Back