Question about Replacing DRLs

mtvon2

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT w/Technology AWD
Hey guys. I am replacing the existing DRLs bulbs with Led. I am having a hard time getting the stock bulb out. I assume that I need to pull up to disengage the bulb but it is just not budging. Is there a clip of some sort securing the bulb that I am missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For the people who are as dyslexic (no offense to dyslexics) as I am, there is a tab at the bottom where the bulb resides, once pressed this will release the bulb for extraction.

I twisted and removed both bulb assemblies out of their sockets then pushed the tab on the connector to release the actual bulb. Replaced w/VLED 6K WHITE 10 LED P13W PSX26W

I went with 5K on the fog lights to match the headlights since both are on. DRLs on the HID-equipped models w/Tech Package only function as DRLs and thought the 6K was a bit more distinctive than the 5K bulbs. Yes, there is a bar on the bottom of the LED socket so the the connector won't seat fully and latch. Assembly fits fine in the housing and is sealed by the o-ring.

How do you find the 5K fogs for output vs OEM? Which bulbs did you get?

Thanks
John

Got these from VLED. They appear a bit brighter - definitely whiter. With the VLEDs you can keep the stock metal end cap which covers the tip of the OEM bulb. They have 8 radially-fired 10x5W XB chips plus 2 forward of the same type. Fog lights aren't driving lights.

Got these from VLED. They appear a bit brighter - definitely whiter. With the VLEDs you can keep the stock metal end cap which covers the tip of the OEM bulb. They have 8 radially-fired 10x5W XB chips plus 2 forward of the same type. Fog lights aren't driving lights.

Perfect, thanks! I know they aren't driving lights, but I hate to replace for better colouring, and give up much output. :)

Back