speed3 in protege5

zwblackpro5

:
03 mazda protege5
so I have a 03 protg5 with the 2.slow 5speed in it...... what a dog!!! lately I have been having this crazy idea of dropping a speed3 motor in it with a 6speed tranny.......
if I stick to this, it would be the first build I have ever done. I don't know how it will go or if it is even possible.... if anyone has any helping thoughts or knows if it is even possible let me know. I'm having troubles finding parts for my 2.slow so I'm thinking the conversion/build is a better thought.

^^^
+1 By the time you do all of the fab work, etc, etc, you would be better off just buying a used or slightly used one. Unless of course, you have unusually deep pockets

I think this is another one of those threads that are open for conversation, I have my money on this never happening.

I hate to kill your "plans" but if you have to ask, you're in over your head.

A kl would be easier. been done many times and can make a metric s*** ton of power if you wanna get into the build. would be a lot cheaper to build a kl up from the bottom, bolt it into the p5 cause its that easy, and still PAY someone to wire it up for you.
but even then. a forged fsde is cheaper, can make the same power at moderate boost and much more with a good tune. i guess if you want to do something unique, go for it, but there are easier ways to make the p5 fun.

Back