Towing Wiring Harness

aoc3716

:
2013 CX9 GT FWD
I have a 2013 CX9 GT FWD. It came with the tow prep ready. I installed the towing hitch last year. What needs to be done to install the wiring harness for the hitch. I did read somewhere there is a prep ready wiring under the storage box at the back and i will just need some sort of extension wiring from the dealer. Is this true? Thanks..

I ordered mine on Amazon for like $80 and it was just plugging it in, routing the plug, and putting the fuse in (20 min). That easy, check the radiator code and order the OEM wiring.

Did you need to unplug the battery as mentioned in the oem wiring harness instructions? That seems like quite a pain and I'd like to avoid that if possible. Thanks!

Hi there, I'm new to this forum and I need assistance in regards to getting a picture of the undercarriage of a CX9? I have a cx9 and my husband was rear ended with a little damage. The damage is that the front of the car that rear ended us pulled a connector under my suv. I thought it was a light connector for a trail hitch but when I looked underneath I can't seem to find to where is should be glued back to? I have checked the manual and googled but no luck. Now the outlet is hanging under and I am probably going to duct tape it if I can't find where I can glue it to.

Hopefully somebody can help me figure it out. Thank you.

Back