Vixen Build Thread

afx31

:
Mazda 323 SP20/Pro5 (2001)
G'day everyone! I'm Will and this is my SP20 from Sydney, Australia! I got her at the start of August last year (2013), but its time to make a build thread on Mazda247 as I'm now keeping hold of her and going to be turboing Vixen. So I hope y'all enjoy! :)

Also the reason I've recently named her Vixen is due to my number plate being "VXN ***", my girlfriends mum came up with it so yeah, at least when something goes wrong I can still call it some naughty feminine words and get away with it ;)

Mod list:

Interior
  • Dildo shifter
  • Dash mat
  • Pioneer DVD head unit w/random Sony speakers
  • Mazdaspeed Seat covers on original seats
  • Mazdaspeed door sills
  • Oil temp & Volt Gauge installed on A pillar

Exterior
  • Tinted weather shields front and rear
  • Golden/Yellow tined fog lights
  • Autoexe Grill Replica
  • Rubber front lip
  • Bonnet Bra
    [*]Plasti dipped bonnet protector
    [*]JDM tow hook

Wheels

• [*]XXR 530's 17x8.25 +35
  • Evo 8 wheels 17x8 +38

Suspension
  • BC BR Coilovers w/Adjust camber tops front

Engine Bay

• [*]Injen CAI w/SuperCheap Auto Pod filter

Exhaust System
  • Pacemaker headers 4:2:1 ?
  • Varex :D
  • High Flow meow
  • Catback system 2 1/4"
  • Glass packed resonator for dem pops
    [*]Resonator delete
    [*]High flow muffler
    [*]Dumpy canon :3

Future Plans

• [*]Eye lids
    [*]Mazdaspeed door sills
    [*]Mazdaspeed seat covers
    [*]Coilovers
    [*]Bucket seats
    [*]New black rims
    [*]New head unit
    [*]Cold air intake
  • Rear sway bar upgrade
  • Autoexe type front lip
    [*]Blacked out headlight surrounding
  • Louder exhaust system

AAAAAAAAAAAND this is where we are at today :)

546ZWOJl.jpg

0ws8GIvl.jpg

Last edited:
Got my fog lights tinted! Thanks Ben Hayward for giving me the tint and in fact doing it for me!

USrKOfol.jpg

Alright time to get back to doing my build thread!

I bought Hammo's autoexe grille replica with CF wrap on it at THE-LOWDOWN Showcased. Looks better than the stock grille i think, thanks Hammo!

QD4LsrPl.jpg

Time to make my engine bay look a tad nicer so I painted both engine hooks in red and sticker bombed my fuse box
also, my collection of rear window stickers are shown..

Cx6jMk8l.jpg

Cx6jMk8l.jpg

xhBABuvl.jpg

And I FINALLY got my exhaust done! nice and loud for me and makes me smile every time! its a catback system with a high flow resonator I believe, straight piping and a high flow muffler, coated all in black shiz and a nice big tip is welded on the end

6Sb7aGOl.jpg

So I now have my new wheels and coilovers in! TA DA! FINALLY! They change the way the car looks, I personally think it looks so much better and pre sexy, and they should seeing as I'm now broke

XXR 530 17x8.25 +35

BC BR Coilovers

xoVYv3Fl.jpg

Pu5opDIl.jpg

And now we are up to date with everything so far. I've just spent around $400 on parts over the past week and already have some other parts waiting to be fitted hopefully this weekend. I'll be adding to this as much as I can :)

Looks awesome, would you mind taking just a straight profile shot of the car? Any rubbing with the 8.5" wide wheels/tires?

Looks awesome, would you mind taking just a straight profile shot of the car? Any rubbing with the 8.5" wide wheels/tires?
Thanks dude! Yeah I scrub pre much just on the rear here and there, the lip is rolled too, with -2 camber on rear. I do have low profile tyres that are stretched.

Is this photo good enough? It doesnt show the camber as good on camera as it does in person :(
XQY04qwl.jpg

More to add to the log, since last posted I've done:

-Weather shields and tinted
-Injen CAI
-Been hit by a Subby and cars been repaired
-Blacked head light surroundings
-other ****

Heres some photos of the weather shield tinting, also had to remove original tape (thanks ben, only took a hour or two..)

RJPtC5Ll.jpg

jr9CRsnl.jpg

gzEdDuzl.jpg

Wckm4dkl.jpg

nQdTzUEl.jpg

And now this photo shows em tinted with the tape on ready to fit onto the car

6qxGsmRl.jpg

SO I'm wanting to do a badge delete on that back of my car, but of course if I do so then there will be the pin holes. I've asked some people and was told to use double sided tape on the back and then get silver tape to go on the outside, or a silver sharpie to colour it in, which i'll probably do. Just wondering if anyone else know of another way?

Last edited:
Looks like tomorrow im having my oil temp and volt gauges installed, fixing up my exhaust with a raspy canon and might be getting a bonnet bra, im excited!

I did a badge delete on a mate's protege a while back, I used body filler(bog) then painted over with color matched touch up paint. Loving that Japanese flag on your petrol cover, where did you get it?

I did a badge delete on a mate's protege a while back, I used body filler(bog) then painted over with color matched touch up paint. Loving that Japanese flag on your petrol cover, where did you get it?
Ahh sounds like a good idea, did it look smooth on the outside?
Cheers dude, I had my mates brother print it off with his vinyl cutter

Ahh sounds like a good idea, did it look smooth on the outside?
Cheers dude, I had my mates brother print it off with his vinyl cutter

Yeah, looked like they were never there! Thanks for the info, might do something similar!

Yeah, looked like they were never there! Thanks for the info, might do something similar!

Looks like I finally have my solution haha cheers! If you cannot get it done or whatever, let me know and I'll see if I can get another one made up and sent to you for a small cost

""UPDATE""

So recently I've been cleaning up my car so it doesn't look like a little kiddle fully sick jdm for life car as i used to have it, so i've removed every sticker and tow hook. I've also had a lip put on which is just a rubber piece i bought from a local rubber supplier. I think the car looks mint with the lip on, along with the bonnet bra I've been waiting ages for, and also my eye lids I recently got. I think i can say the front of the car is done for noww! :)

Back