Door locking with passengers and while driving

Davcas

:
Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav
I have a few questions on door locking. I would like the car to lock the doors after I start driving, but it does not seem to have this function. On my previous Ford I had to get the dealer to enable this feature, is the CX-5 the same.

Also when I stop for petrol and have had passengers in the car, they have noticed whist I'm filling up the doors have locked with me standing just outside and their movement then set off the alarm? I do have the auto lock doors option set, but thought that was activated through distance?

The other is when I have approached the car and only opened the boot and shut it again the car does not seem to lock or at least give the audible sound I get when I exit normally and walk away?

you do this thru the setup feature. I think there's one for lights, doors, & something else. Mine is set to lock after you start driving and then unlock when ignition is shut off. hope this helps.

Yep... setup has these settings, I personally prefer have them lock when I put it in drive, and unlock when in park... this way people get in and out without having to stop the engine... more practical for me and less frustrating for my passengers that are trying to get in or out when the engine is running.

You can also set it to lock when it gets to a predefined speed. pretty cool to be able to choose depending on preference

Where are these settings as I have been though mine and it does not have these options. Its a 2014 model????

On page 5-56 of the 2014 User Manual....

Vehicle
  • Door Locks
  • Light Control
  • Wipers Control

1. Press the setup button (SETUP). (on Infotainment system)
2. Touch the (VEHICLE) on-screen tab to display the vehicle setting screen.
3. Touch the desired setting item.
4. Select the desired setup item from the list by touching it.
5. Touch the (OK) on-screen button.

==
Michael

Where are these settings as I have been though mine and it does not have these options. Its a 2014 model????

Under the door locks menu, there is unfortunately only 3 options:
Auto Relock Time
Lock Beep Volume
Walk Away Lock
Nothing about the locking while driving away, although in the manual it talks about personalisation options.

My 2014 Touring locks at ~ 15 mph and is the default option. I've read it can be changed. Ed

Maybe we are too USA centric. I'm not sure where Shropshire is, maybe the area has different options?

Unfortunately the feature is not available in Europe. My 6 doesn't have it either, although the US ones do. :(

Finally, we have something, that Europeans don't have.
You guys/girls have most of the cool stuff all the time(on other cars too).

Here in Chile we don't have it.

Frustrating, all other brands and even cheaper cars lock the doors on 15-20 Km/H.

Finally, we have something, that Europeans don't have.
You guys/girls have most of the cool stuff all the time(on other cars too).

This. I would trade my adjustable auto door locks with many features that the Euro market has.

I am British but living in France. My searching has found that the auto lock feature at >20kph [~12mph] is apparently disabled in Europe! This is deeply worrying for me as friends of ours had a handbag snatch attempt at red traffic lights in the town of Nice in France a few years ago. I said 'attempt' as the woman in question had the presence of mind to drive off through the red lights then turned sharp left which threw the thief out of the car into the gutter; where he belonged. For the last ten years this was not a worry for me as our AUDI A4 Avant had auto locking! Now with this new CX-5 I have to remind my wife (and myself) to MANUALLY lock the doors every time we move off in the CX-5. This is a truly pathetic and dangerous choice made by Mazda in Europe. Unless I can find a solution then our ownership of the CX-5 will be much shorted that 10 years!

In Taiwan this feature is not available as well, our radio is a very basic stand alone unit. Doesn't have the menu to set body functions.
I've also heard that the door lock feature is not allowed in Taiwan since 2010, after an accident and the passengers were trapped in the vehicle - couldn't unlock the doors.

Sucks!!!

Sadly, programming auto-door-lock feature is unavailable in my country as well.

But there is a work-around whereby a device is plugged into the OBD connector, and the user can choose to program the doors to lock once the brake pedal is stepped on, OR when the vehicle reaches a certain speed. (not really sure how the programming works, i did not install this)

8yz1fm.jpg

Back