Dash Cleaning

trapperjohn

:
CX-5 Grand Touring
I've had my 2015 GT for around a month. I really love this vehicle! I really like the sticky dashboard.

I was wondering what folks used to clean the dash? Just wipe it down with a damp cloth or do you put any protectant on it?

Aerospace 303 does a good job on the interior surfaces as well as the black exterior plastics

Do not waste your time on the "meguiar's natural shine protectant" it is garbage and streaks like crazy.

I ordered the 303 stuff after I read about it here. It should be here in a couple days.

303 works like a charm. May be difficult to find, however, I did a google search for marine shops in my area (turns out there is one just down the street). Available at most boating shops.

Bon

I clean mine first with Armorall clean wipes and THEN use 303.

I found the Armorall wipes to leave streaks and messy residue. Once I switched to 303, I gave away the wipes....and have not looked back.

Bon

I found the Armorall wipes to leave streaks and messy residue. Once I switched to 303, I gave away the wipes....and have not looked back.Bon
Armorall CLEAN WIPES (not protectant) are simply a cleaner. They do not streak. The 303 PROTECTANT goes on after that.

A damp microfiber cloth or one wetted with some diluted Simple Green works well, followed by a light coat of 303 or Lexol Vinylex.

A good way to apply 303 or Vinylex is to use a flat tire sponge - spray the sponge once or twice and then wipe it on the dash. A little goes a long way and this technique will not leave any streaks.

Armorall CLEAN WIPES (not protectant) are simply a cleaner. They do not streak. The 303 PROTECTANT goes on after that.

When I first bought my CX-5, I had the Armorall Clean Wipes which I was using for the dash and inside doors, but like I said, it was leaving streaks and residue after wiping them down (especially the plastic strip around the front vents). After doing some research here at 247, I was turned onto the 303. What magical stuff that 303 is. Have not used Armorall since I discovered the 303.

Bon

I use a MF applicator pad (round sponge wrapped in MF cloth) I spray it and wipe 303 on. When done I ziplock it for next time.

When I first bought my CX-5, I had the Armorall Clean Wipes which I was using for the dash and inside doors, but like I said, it was leaving streaks and residue after wiping them down (especially the plastic strip around the front vents). After doing some research here at 247, I was turned onto the 303. What magical stuff that 303 is. Have not used Armorall since I discovered the 303.Bon
Maybe I'm mistaken, but it still sounds like you're confusing Armorall clean wipes with Armorall protectant wipes. Sounds like you consider clean wipes and 303 protectant interchangeable products rather than one being a cleaning wipe only and the 303 being a protectant only wipe. At any rate, I've used other clean wipes (Kirkland from Costco) with equal success. What matters most is the type of protectant you apply after and on that we can agree that 303 is the best out there. Even if it is a b**** to find sometimes!

I just use a wet micro fiber towel and it seems fine to me. I do it two times a week. My cx5 looks like the day I got it. Maybe it's my OCD. I vacuum it once a week along with a interior wipe down. Even a wet micro fiber cloth to clean windows with a quick pass with a dry one after. Windows never get a chance to get dirty either way. Lol. But what is 303?? A cleaner? Wipes? And has anyone used Lysol wipes to wipe down the interior

Yup - wipe down to remove dust and then add a conditioner/protectant like Vinylex. Vinylex gives you uv protection and you can get it anywhere.

I just use a wet micro fiber towel and it seems fine to me. I do it two times a week. My cx5 looks like the day I got it. Maybe it's my OCD. I vacuum it once a week along with a interior wipe down. Even a wet micro fiber cloth to clean windows with a quick pass with a dry one after. Windows never get a chance to get dirty either way. Lol. But what is 303?? A cleaner? Wipes? And has anyone used Lysol wipes to wipe down the interior
http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html?gclid=CJjqmJmDkL4CFUeBfgod3REAtw

I use a duster mop to remove the the dust on a weekly basis. I then use the famous 303 monthly . I've been using that stuff on my 14 year Miata & the dash looks brand new

Back