Trying to replace 9005 DRl socket to HID on a 2014 Mazda CX5

MazdaSmallz

:
2014 Mazda CX5 GS 2.5L
Hey everyone, new to the forum.. my problem is that i'm trying to install a 8000k HID kit in my DRL socket... the only way I can get any light output is with the high beams on.. DRLS have no response at all... I'm looking to have the DRL working not the high beams lol... I have read about reverse polarity.. swapping around pins and such.. nothing is working except high beams even after swapping.I was wondering if anyone out there has any other ideas as to what i could to try to get them to work or has already put HIDS in both 9005 and the H11.. its just not making sense to me. Thanks =)

Last edited:
wow.

You do realize the high beam area uses regular bulbs at low power for DRL, and when your regular lights are on and you activate the high beam, it goes full power so you get bright lights in your DRL.

So if you stick HID in there, it's not getting enough power at all, that's why it only works if you turn on high beam.

Also. if you do somehow modify so it works as drl. You do realize the drl is in the high beam area right, so if it's on, it will be FULL power HID, it will be like having your HIGH BEAMS on all the time.

So go return the HID you bought for the DRL, and go buy some blue led bulbs or something.

Last edited:
I have jut turned on all my lights and set them to turn off automatically in 30 seconds and I'm done with them, I will never have to touch them.
I have installed 5000ks in the low beam. I don't care about DRL, they are never on this way. I have another set of HID bulbs just in case, they are cheap anyway.

No I did not realize, that's why I asked the question lol =P .. but makes perfect sense.
Thanks for the response, i have returned the HID kit and just picked up a 8000k Halogen ... little less stock looking, Main concern is the low beam lights anyways which are being installed this week. .
Thanks for the info =)

Back