Headrest question

CX5racer

:
Mazda, CX-5 Touring, 2014
Does anyone know if the low profile rear headrests on the 6 will fit the CX-5 seats?

Damn good question. Or the 3 for that matter? Too bad there's no apparent solution for the intrusive fronts!

Well bummer thought I had an idea. Those huge rear headrests are irritating, they block the view out the back and have to be removed to get the seats to fold down. The center rear seat has a low profile one but the posts are too narrow and won't fit on the other seats. Wonder why they allow the center seat to have a low one and the others have to be high?

Well bummer thought I had an idea. Those huge rear headrests are irritating, they block the view out the back and have to be removed to get the seats to fold down. The center rear seat has a low profile one but the posts are too narrow and won't fit on the other seats. Wonder why they allow the center seat to have a low one and the others have to be high?
Or for that matter, why Mazda can get away using the short ones on everything but CX-5? I'm still wondering if 3's are any different than 6's?

There are pics in the last post of this thread that has pictures in it
The dealer mentioned is very easy to deal with will give you a total
price shipped and email you an invoice. Takes about 3-4 weeks to get
That's a bit more than I want to pay. I'm hoping that eventually a less expensive option will appear on this side of the pond.

To me, it didn't seemed like it won't go down enough. If I remember well, it was sticking a bit out, but it was acceptable. My wife's 2009 Honda CRV's fit very well, but it's light gray.

Gotta pay to play... JDM all the way, yo!

62A75D17-7A80-4F54-90E6-A624A15EE7D2_zps0qfrnjkx.jpg

C6F26F16-E3C7-44F7-88D4-854B80B2070C_zpsapdb7lqa.jpg

8FBB63F5-4235-4A9C-81EB-E55236462ACA_zpsfufu2skp.jpg

1508F600-8006-45BE-A583-927C3C332263_zps1bwgekdt.jpg

Now I can see the WHOLE rear view. Plus, the rear seats fold in flat w/o adjusting front seats. (nana)

What is JDM? I stopped at my local dealer today and grabbed one out of a new 3 and it seemed to fit my CX5 just fine. A little tight going up and down, but fit the top of the seat pretty well. Problem is, Mazda has not supplied part numbers for these yeat, so dealers cannot order them!

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market Aka they get all the fun stuff.

If the ones for the 3 pan out I'd definitely be interested.

BTW, did you take any pictures?

Last edited:
The 3 looks like a better fit although the 6 looks like it may not have been shoved down all the way. They are different shapes, the 3 being more rounded and the 6 more squared off.

I just got more JDM rear headrests! If anyone is interested, PM me. ;)

I have zero issues with shoulder checking or reversing with the stock headrests. When I look behind my right shoulder I see the headrest and the rear pillar right behind it so those JDM ones won't make a difference. We aren't driving a large truck here ;-) this is a small and easy car to drive.

Back