how to disable sunroof?

:
18 CX-5
Is there a way to disable the sunroof say, during rainy seasons, to avoid accidentally opening it? Its control is too close to the cabin light switch.

Uh, too close for a drunk person, maybe? You push the lights to turn them on. They were designed that way for that very reason, so you don't *need* a switch. If you need to change automatic light setting, turn the light on first and then use the switch.

Otherwise, consult the service manuals (search the forums) and try pulling the fuse.

Another option would be getting a "dash trim" bezel decorative adhesive piece for the ceiling controls, one that doesn't have a sunroof switch cutout. Not sure if one exists, though. But you could cut a piece of clear plastic food container (#1, 5, or 6) and place it under the bezel and use it to blank the switch.

Last edited:
Not sure if trollin or OP has disabilities

canz I disable push start, cauz too close to wiper controlz?

2003013-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435.jpg

There probably is a fuse dedicated for the sunroof. Look in the owners manual electrical section to find it. I personally don't see the issue but, whatever. Ed

I have the sunroof shade closed most of the time - sun is not good for you anyway ;)

I'm not too concerned about getting a shampoo inside the car. More to do with water getting into tracks and rails of the sunroof, difficult to dry thoroughly hence rust development over time...

Uh, too close for a drunk person, maybe? You push the lights to turn them on. They were designed that way for that very reason, so you don't *need* a switch. If you need to change automatic light setting, turn the light on first and then use the switch.

Otherwise, consult the service manuals (search the forums) and try pulling the fuse.

Another option would be getting a "dash trim" bezel decorative adhesive piece for the ceiling controls, one that doesn't have a sunroof switch cutout. Not sure if one exists, though. But you could cut a piece of clear plastic food container (#1, 5, or 6) and place it under the bezel and use it to blank the switch.

Like your idea to pull fuse. :)

Back