2015 CX-5 Edmunds Review finally out

What's New for 2015
Keyless entry and ignition is now standard on the Touring and Grand Touring trim levels. Otherwise, the 2015 Mazda CX-5 carries over unchanged.

But, but, but...Keyless entry and ignition have been standard on Touring and Grand Touring since introduction in 2013!?

But, but, but...Keyless entry and ignition have been standard on Touring and Grand Touring since introduction in 2013!?

Supposed it's the Advanced Keyless. The one u push a button on the door handle and it opens, and when you step away it auto locks

2015 has been on EPA gas mileage website for over a month. Edmunds call this a full review (hardly).

Yes that's my understanding that Advanced keyless is standard in T and GT.

The keyless system works great. We never have to remove the keys from my pocket or her purse to unlock, open the hatch, start the car, or lock it.

The keyless system works great. We never have to remove the keys from my pocket or her purse to unlock, open the hatch, start the car, or lock it.

Yes, we are loving the advanced keyless entry as well. Everyone here who told me it was worth waiting for was absolutely right!

Yes, we are loving the advanced keyless entry as well. Everyone here who told me it was worth waiting for was absolutely right!

For those requiring that Grand Touring model due to features and equipment such as leather and the 19" wheels, it has always included (with optional extra charge Tech package) even in first model years (2013, 2014).

Last edited:
For those requiring that Grand Touring model due to features and equipment such as leather and the 19" wheels, it has always included even in first model years (2013, 2014).

2013 & 2014 did not have the advanced keyless entry as standard equipment. It came with the tech package. It became standard on the T and GT for 2015.

2013 & 2014 did not have the advanced keyless entry as standard equipment. It came with the tech package. It became standard on the T and GT for 2015.

And most 2013 and 2014 GT's came to US loaded and equipped with optional tech package like mine.

Advanced keyless was not available on lower level Sport and Touring models for model years 2013 and 2014, as either standard equipment or optional equipment.

For those requiring that Grand Touring model due to features and equipment such as leather and the 19" wheels, it has always included even in first model years (2013, 2014).

And most 2013 and 2014 GT's came to US loaded and equipped with optional tech package like mine.

Advanced keyless was not available on lower level Sport and Touring models for model years 2013 and 2014, as either standard equipment or optional equipment.

in your first post, you said it was included. it was only 'included' if you bought the $1600+ tech package. big difference.

in your first post, you said it was included. it was only 'included' if you bought the $1600+ tech package. big difference.

Yes, thanks for clarifying, I will edit so that included with optional Tech package is noted.

Note: Tech package was $1325 for model year 2013.

Last edited:

Seems like advanced keyless entry could be an invitation to thieves. They could run up to you when you near vehicle, open door, start motor, and take off. Of course, they couldn't start it again when they stop, but at that point they have your CX-5. Am I missing something on how this works?

Seems like advanced keyless entry could be an invitation to thieves. They could run up to you when you near vehicle, open door, start motor, and take off. Of course, they couldn't start it again when they stop, but at that point they have your CX-5. Am I missing something on how this works?
You have to be fairly close to the door for it to work... so a thief would have to shove you out of the way first. Once they did, they'd be unable to start the engine (the fob has to be physically INSIDE the doors for the car to start.)

You have to be fairly close to the door for it to work... so a thief would have to shove you out of the way first. Once they did, they'd be unable to start the engine (the fob has to be physically INSIDE the doors for the car to start.)

Agreed, therefore it's not a invitation to thieves. In fact the 2013 GT with Tech package includes both Advanced Keyless Entry System and Burglar Alarm making it even less attractive to thieves.

The CX-5 2015 model year (with only minor changes) is a snoozer or non-event for magazines and websites like Edmunds

Back