Spring Maintenance Package

Pistons

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GS
Hey everyone....So far I only have had one scheduled maintenance done on my 2014 CX-5 but am due for my second one this month. Just got an email about Mazda's $79.95 spring maintenance package and wondering if that's a better deal then just getting the scheduled maintenance done. Thoughts?

Tell us what is included in the "Spring Maintenance" Package. My owners manual doesn't have a Mazda spring maintenance package listing so maybe it is just another money maker?

Probably includes some fluff/over-maintenance not called for in owners manual.

I guess we need to have some Canadian CX-5 owners chime in on pricing.

Never heard of it. Probably a gimmick by your local dealer. Did the e-mail comme directly from Mazda Canada?

Never heard of it. Probably a gimmick by your local dealer. Did the e-mail comme directly from Mazda Canada?

I'm due for my second service, which I believe is just an oil change/filter, I think after taxes it's like $70....but thus came from my local dealer where we bought the CX-5, here are the particulars;

Spring Service Special!

Spring is here and we've got a special for you!

Get your Seasonal Maintenance Check up for only $79.95. Includes:

Replace engine oil and Genuine Mazda oil filter
Rotate and inspect tires, check brake wear
Check engine coolant
Check cooling system for leaks
Check and top off all fluid levels
Check belts and hoses
Check and adjust tire pressure
Check constant velocity (CV) boots
Complete Vehicle Inspection Report

By US standards in higher cost coastal areas, that's the standard service including tire rotation and price is normal too. I looked back and I paid $82 with tax in March for same thing including the Mazda-recommended synthetic oil. Just make sure they don't try to charge extra for synthetic oil, might be some hidden fine print on that matter.

"Spring special" sounds like more of a gimmick. The CX-5 has maintenance intervals specified in owners manual, that may or may not coincide with dealer advertising gimmicks.

If that's what you would pay for a regular oil change then I guess. If not, it's a gimmick. You might have to just saynoto(it)Pistons.

All those are included in the regular "Mazda Full Circle Inspection" that comes with anytime you bring your car in.

I'm due for my second service, which I believe is just an oil change/filter, I think after taxes it's like $70....but thus came from my local dealer where we bought the CX-5, here are the particulars;

Spring Service Special!

Spring is here and we've got a special for you!

Get your Seasonal Maintenance Check up for only $79.95. Includes:

Replace engine oil and Genuine Mazda oil filter
Rotate and inspect tires, check brake wear
Check engine coolant
Check cooling system for leaks
Check and top off all fluid levels
Check belts and hoses
Check and adjust tire pressure
Check constant velocity (CV) boots
Complete Vehicle Inspection Report

This looks like what my dealer does as part of my regular oil changes - those are valued somewhere around $60-$70 (Rotation an extra $20) I don't actually pay anything as I paid the dealer $600 when I bought the car to get lifetime oil changes - I figure it will pay for itself by the time the car is 3 -4 years old

I would just stick with the regular oil change service (I think they refer to this as service "A") -- this promotion is probably meant to get others to come in who may not be following the scheduled maintenance.

Back