Sand interior - how do you keep it clean?

:
'14.5 CX-5 Touring AWD, Soul Red | '14 CX-5 Touring AWD White
Greetings,

Just got Touring (cloth) CX-5 with Sand Interior which I really wanted. I am afraid that the driver's seat will get dirty quickly just from normal use.

How do you keep your sand interior clean? Any options besides seat covers?

Thanks

Scotch guard first then be careful. Remove dirt immediately. Vacuum regularly. Steam clean before they get really dirty. I have sand interior as well.

I Scotch Guarded also. Used about 2 cans. Should probably have used more.
So far so good, my CX-5 is almost a year old. I should re Scotch Guard it.
Keep an eye on the fake leather parts of the car. (armrests and center armrest), they get dirty quick, wipe them off with water or a car interior cleaning solution.

Appreciate your replies. I did not know this product existed before. I'll get 2 cans then.

No tan seats for me but Folex is a good stain remover and very safe cleaner. You can get it in most hardware stores or Target/Walmart. Scotch Guard will protect them a good bit. re-apply annually.

That was my concern when we got the sand color interior. The dealer did not have a soul red touring in the black interior we had originally wanted, but honestly the sand to us looked much better than all black ones on the lot so we went with it. Kind of surprised Mazda does not have a grey/black two tone vs. black on black. Anyway I used 5 cans of scotchguard on the seats and carpet. It dried invisible and had no affect on the color, look or feel. I have used Scotchguard on my other cars with great success. The key is cleaning up spills or stains quickly so I keep a high absorbent "ShamWow" like cloth and small bottle of simple green in the spare tire well for quick clean-up should something spill.

Wow, I learned something (not sure about the open back chaps helping though) about maintaining tan cloth seats, thanks. Lol.

And some might wonder why I wanted black leather seats...

I've already applied Scotchguard to all seats. After having 2 CX-5 with black seats, I must admit that sand interior makes CX-5 very pleasant and light inside. This is really what I had wanted with my last CX-5, but then they did not have soul red with sand.

Wife has white one with black interior and she said that now she would definitely go with sand as well.

Back